• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Edit: Ok I was 20 years old
I could have sworn you were older than that
biggrin.gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I could have sworn you were older than that
biggrin.gif

According the the wikipedia article I referenced it came out in 1997. The wikipedia article may have stated something else at the time you where reading it.

As a film afficionado you may have seen it in one of the Bond films. Tomorrow never dies, IIRC from just reading it on Wikipedia.

My late teen self thought that to be pretty nifty and cool, although the scene was very improbable.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
According the the wikipedia article I referenced it came out in 1997. The wikipedia article may have stated something else at the time you where reading it. As a film afficionado you may have seen it in one of the Bond films. Tomorrow never dies, IIRC from just reading it on Wikipedia. My late teen self thought that to be pretty nifty and cool, although the scene was very improbable.
smile.gif

The picture you posted says 2004. I think I've tried to block every Brosnan Bond film save Goleneye from my memory, but you may have just jogged loose an image of him jumping a helicopter on a motorcycle ...

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. Was mostly making fun of the ephemeral quality of Wikipedia knowledge.

Posted from my GF's iPhone

artoftime

Reaction score
All time faves (in no particular order)

1983 Ducati TT2
images-6-2.jpg

1966 BMW R69S
images-5-2.jpg

1969 MV Agusta 750 America
images-4-2.jpg

1977 Ducati 900SS
images-3-2.jpg

1973 Moto Guzzi V7 Sport
images-2-2.jpg

1966 Velocette Thruxton
DownloadedFile-2.jpg

1937 Brough Superior SS100
images-1-2.jpg

1952 Vincent Black Shadow
images-8.jpg

Kookz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
We are using the term generic in different manners it would seem. Generic to me, means it is difficult to tell one from the other. In this regard, I think the Fat Bob and Street Bob are very easy to distinguish (in fact, my 4 year old son can already do this) from one another. However, line up 10 sport bikes all in blue, and I think I'd have a hard time telling one from the other. Still, you have a point that it's all about perspective. Maybe the fact that the pointy ass end on one is 1" higher than the pointy ass end on another is meaningful to afficianados. It isn't to me, which is why I find it hard to find these bikes attractive.
I think that's simply because you are into cruisers. I'm not a Japanese sport bike guy at all, but I think they are at least as diverse if not more so than cruisers, which are either Harleys or designed to look exactly like Harleys.

One week til I'm back in the US and can pick up my latest bike! And I'm thinking about offering to buy a family friend's Ural Patrol, would make the perfect Brooklyn bike.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
One week til I'm back in the US and can pick up my latest bike! And I'm thinking about offering to buy a family friend's Ural Patrol, would make the perfect Brooklyn bike.

laugh.gif

Cool looking bikes, saw one in Ultimate Motorcycling recently. Are parts hard to come by or do they have decent North American distributors?

Kookz

Reaction score
That's a great question, I'm not sure. They've more or less been the same bikes since 1939 I think, so they can't be that hard to find parts for. Pretty neat things too.
snow35.jpg
snow10.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Beautiful, that's the setup I saw in UM also, with the sidecar. I love a good utilitarian motorcycle like that, almost looks as if nothing's changed in decades.. So what will that make, four?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
^ Beautiful, that's the setup I saw in UM also, with the sidecar. I love a good utilitarian motorcycle like that, almost looks as if nothing's changed in decades.. So what will that make, four?

I would say it makes even more than 4 HP.

Kookz

Reaction score
Yeah, that'd be four. I think I'd have more fun with the sidecar than I'll get use out of the R1200GS though. Pretty sure hipster girls in Brooklyn will find it irresistible too.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been thinking a lot about Italian bikes recently and came across this:

RossoPuro Moto Guzzi 1000SP
idmkmE.jpeg

More here.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody want a 2010 BMW GS1200 Adventure used only on one trip? 2500 miles.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Anybody want a 2010 BMW GS1200 Adventure used only on one trip? 2500 miles.
How much do you want for it? And where is it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads