• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ErnestoG.
i meant $25-30 total. so around 10-15$ for each bottle. college tuition is not friendly on the wine budget haha

I will see what they have for the bandol and cru beaujolias.

Is that different than the beaujolias noveau which was just released? (sorry total wine noob here)

At that price and with a French bias, I'd echo the recommendation for a Cotes du Rhone or Cotes du Rhone Villages - there should be plenty and most are very serviceable. Other good choices would be Provencal wines from the Cotes du Luberon or Ventoux. You shouldn't have any troubling finding a ~$10 bottle from those places.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tattersall
At that price and with a French bias, I'd echo the recommendation for a Cotes du Rhone or Cotes du Rhone Villages - there should be plenty and most are very serviceable. Other good choices would be Provencal wines from the Cotes du Luberon or Ventoux. You shouldn't have any troubling finding a ~$10 bottle from those places.

+1. Or even something from Chile or Argentina if you like something a little more fruit driven.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
+1. Petrus, this thread is one of the very very very few threads on StyleForvm where we all get along for the most part.

Not anymore *****! I'm joining Team Petrus!

Bring it Team Pio.
fight[1].gif

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Team Piob all the way for me. As if there was ever any doubt. I'm the waterboy.

I think we need to make t-shirts. This might get confusing.

Petrus1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Barely finished? Can you say, "Carbonic maceration"?
laugh.gif

I forgot that I was dealing neophytes here and have to explain everything although I try to keep it very simple. I was referring to to the malolactic fermentation.Carbonic maceration is something else. A newly made made like BN hasn't even completed its malo yet.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Petrus1
I forgot that I was dealing neophytes here and have to explain everything although I try to keep it very simple. I was referring to to the malolactic fermentation.Carbonic maceration is something else. A newly made made like BN hasn't even completed its malo yet.
rick-ross-nike-boom-o.gif
BOOM! Team Petrus strikes first.

computerpro3

Reaction score
+1. Petrus, this thread is one of the very very very few threads on StyleForvm where we all get along for the most part. We have different tastes but we talk about things, debate them, chalk it up to personal tastes, etc, without being douchesacks. You don't need to prove to us how smart you are in wine. I can assure you that none of us give a flying ****.
Yeah I'm a Royal Grade A Douchebag (hereon out referred to simply as RGAD) and you guys have even been nice to me. If someone was to eat Petrus, these would be the tasting notes: This particular Petrus vintage has not aged well. At original tasting showed some slight promise, given the wine tradition of the family. Seems to have slightly spoiled over the years. Bouquet is almost all vinegar, with a slight boozy note. Tannis is overpowering upfront, and acidity makes you cringe. When it first hits your tongue, there is a moment where you think it's well structured - but alas, this is only due to the pretension of the label and it quickly fades away unto an unfocused mess. This is a wine that tries to punch above it's weight, but fails. Anticipated maturity: never. 72 points - RP

Petrus1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
+1. Or even something from Chile or Argentina if you like something a little more fruit driven.

Or a Rioja, or a top Chianti, or even a Chilean wine etc

Petrus1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by computerpro3
Yeah I'm a Royal Grade A Douchebag (hereon out referred to simply as RGAD) and you guys have even been nice to me.

If someone was to eat Petrus, these would be the tasting notes:

This particular Petrus vintage has not aged well. At original tasting showed some slight promise, given the wine tradition of the family. Seems to have slightly spoiled over the years. Bouquet is almost all vinegar, with a slight boozy note. Tannis is overpowering upfront, and acidity makes you cringe. When it first hits your tongue, there is a moment where you think it's well structured - but alas, this is only due to the pretension of the label and it quickly fades away unto an unfocused mess. This is a wine that tries to punch above it's weight, but fails. Anticipated maturity: never. 72 points - RP

My gf is laughing at you losers. She says that you all sound like a bunch of beta and omega stumblebums who can't get laid
lol8[1].gif

Thank you dear
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6259/kira30.jpg

computerpro3

Reaction score
My gf is laughing at you losers. She says that you all sound like a bunch of beta and omega stumblebums who can't get laid
lol8[1].gif
Thank you dear /img713.imageshack.us/img7136259/kira30.jpg

I'm sorry if that's your girlfriend, because when I did a Google Image search of that name the same chick came up...with something in her mouth.

computerpro3

Reaction score
PS I must have aged well because she's 35 yrs younger
worship.gif

PS she's hoping you'll die soon (along with the rest of Styleforum) so she can get your money.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by computerpro3
PS she's hoping you'll die soon (along with the rest of Styleforum) so she can get your money.

oddly enough, if you delete the kira30.jpg from the link we were so graciously provided, another image pops up that may suggest of this

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads