• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artoftime
IMG_1079.jpg

Is that *** stain on your suede?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I thought you guys were ballers
frown.gif

Looking at my first pair of EGs and for the record I was buzzed off chimay yesterday so please pardon the disgruntled posts (no I am not drunk now).

Baller? I am a recent law grad with aspirations of being a public defender.

Originally Posted by softy
I would not set foot in C21 for fear of having a seizure.

True.

Originally Posted by Uncontrol
rise on luft's pants seems too high, i feel like i can see it catching his balls or something

whole thing is a bit too "mad men" for me and shows that timeless style isn't really so "timeless". i actually appreciate the costumey appeal of it more, and i don't dislike this style; just to say that it's not clearly set in a different time from our own is disingenuous

You need to watch more Mad Men. This is nothing at all like it, other than that I am also wearing a suit. Sort of like saying that wearing jeans is too gold rush, since that's when Levi sold them.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God I wish I wasn't spending all my money on furniture. I want new clothes
frown.gif
This thread always takes a turn for the better in the fall/winter.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Baller? I am a recent law grad with aspirations of being a public defender.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Now I feel guilty about thinking of egs.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
You need to watch more Mad Men. This is nothing at all like it, other than that I am also wearing a suit. Sort of like saying that wearing jeans is too gold rush, since that's when Levi sold them.

60's suits have shorter jackets, skinnier ties, much narrower lapels, straight collar shirts, and (often) no pleats. And nothing of moleskin.

Lufty's hat, however, does have a relatively narrow brim, which is reminiscent of the 60's. Also, his shirt is white, which was the only shirt acceptable for business wear up until the 70's.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luftvier (and a lot of MC guys) looks very costume-y. Moreo then even a lot of goth ninja fits...

not necessarily a bad thing I guess.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Looked 10003088x better in real life, just goes to show much pictures don't really capture fit *coughMCerscough*
thanks! nice to meet an SFer in person. You like working there? I found several things I liked. It is a good addition to downtown. At least people can see that there is an alternative to crew/br.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
a lot of my fits are also like this now. what size apc ns are you wearing and whats your true waist? just wondering.

They're 28s. My true waist is 29. TBH, they are a little loose in the waist most of the time now that they've stretched out to their full range. If I were buying another pair today, I would get 27s.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still need a decent beanie/hat this winter because the one I have now isn't gonna cut it. ugh stop snowing!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
winter just started homie and it's glorious

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I was buzzed off chimay yesterday so please pardon the disgruntled posts (no I am not drunk now).

Effing awesome beers. Red, white, or blue?

And why not?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
blue of course served up in a .25l chimay goblet along with a ryj churchill tubo from 08 hit the ******* spot

i should but I gotta go to the gym in a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads