• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let me axe you a question

sockpuppets

Reaction score
I was over at gilt and I see the heynow, famous red and gray scale axes have sold out. I was admiring the $300 blanchetta but I wasn't sure if it would go with my SC Aldens. What axe do you carry?
kzWJW.jpg

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Useful for hailing a taxi.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is their logo "Gilt MAN" with man in huge letters, while on the women's section it is just plain "Gilt". We see this everywhere. Another good example of this phenomia is the Junya labels....
normal_label_en_442edde4f3c0ca0f0ed1726ad35f48d9.jpg
I would like to see Gilt sell those axes in the women's section too, complete with a picture of a hot girl wearing that axe strapped to her back.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Metropolitan whistle. * Designed by Joseph Hudson and first deployed in 1870 by the Scotland Yard. * Use it for signaling the impending collapse of a falling tree; it will get the attention of the hardest of hearing. * Less shrill and warmer in tone than most whistles on the market today. * Comes in muslin drawstring pouch with light and heavy duty leather lanyards. Brand: Best Made Co.
uhoh.gif
From the cross-section of items they have, you would think that the average stylish man spends his days carrying around swiss army knives, paring knives, axes, first aid kits, along with the requisite fine fountain pen. These things a man do make. Can't wait until Gilt starts selling chainmail.
all-edc.jpg
* Camera Bag – obviously I was using the camera to take the pictures
smile.gif
but I keep it in that bag along with some spare batteries and a couple memory cards. I find it invaluable to always have a camera with me. The one I carry is a Nikon CoolPix P50. * Passport – I keep this in my bag for a couple reasons, the main one being if I become separated from my wallet (like leaving it at home) I’ve usually got my bag with me, and with my passport with me I still have ID. Plus, if I ever need to flee the country on a moments notice…… just kidding
smile.gif
* Lockblade Knife – on the next row is the knife that permanently lives in my pockets * Pocket Caribiner – I keep this little collection in my pocket most of the time. We’ll go through it in a bit * Advil – I always have a bottle of advil in my bag, my glovebox, in my drawer at work, on my dresser at home…. I hate getting headaches! * U.S. Constitution – It’s covered by the altoids box but I keep this booklet with the Constitution and Declaration of Independence in my bag. * Altoids Tin – this is actually filled with several Vaseline soaked Cotton Balls to use as fire starters if needed. * Mini-Scriptures – I always keep the Word of the Lord with me * Emergency Whistle/compass/flashlight/timepiece – on the next row is a handy combo survival widget * Bag Caribiner – This collection stays in my bag, we’ll go through it next * Mini Water Filter/straw – this water filter is the type you attach a straw to, insert the opposite end into water and suck through the straw. Can be used in a glass, a stream, a puddle on the ground – whatever * FRS Radio – I have a HAM license but not a portable radio yet. The FRS radio will at least give me some communications ability along with my cell phone * Verizon EVDO Card – this is a cellular network USB Modem. It allows me to get high speed internet access wherever I have Verizon cellular service – which is just about everywhere. I’ve hiked to the top of several mountains with my bag on my back and relaxed on the peak and gotten on the internet just for fun
smile.gif

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
This is a great gift for your favorite ax murderer this Christmas!

EZ

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
uhoh.gif

These things a man do make. Can't wait until Gilt starts selling chainmail.

I will be waiting, and kopping.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
I will be waiting, and kopping.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
Awaiting Gilt ****

Lol. But a Gilt **** label would only compound the problem by suggesting the very thing men fear-- that their clothing choices will somehow make them look gay or effeminate.

The MAN label appears to be a form of subtle re-assurance for guys that the clothing is manly. Think I'm wrong? Then explain why there is no Gilt WOMEN logo.

Oh and I cannot help but think this axe sale is a publicity stunt. Just look at all the attention it's receiving!

madstaxbro

Reaction score
They sell bikes, pens, and even vacations. Not really much of a surprise is it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads