• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Appreciation Thread (Bespoke only)

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Noice! I like the colour combination.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by kolecho
Are these bespoke?

I created the shoe and was measured but used a last already in existence, so I guess technically, no.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I created the shoe and was measured but used a last already in existence, so I guess technically, no.

Mods, please move this to the appropriate thead. It is a slap in the face for us bespoke snobs!
laugh.gif
lol8[1].gif
laugh.gif
lol8[1].gif
laugh.gif

MarcellHUN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CMD.EXE
Wow, new Koronya pictures?

I was wondering what was the latest on the koronya/rosenbaums debacle? The person who purchased the shoes got his money back after taking them to court and I've heard nothing about it since, but these photos are recent so I assume there was an explanation from Marcel? If I recall correctly he refused to provide one back in spring.

I think I can talk about it (I couldn't do it, because I wasn't officially involved in this business, and I was asked not to), but this will be the last time: that guy NEVER was on court, he asked an arbitrator for deciding this case. I am really sorry about this case, I would give his money back immediately, but it wasn't my decision. As I mentioned - this case was Mr. X and Mr. Rosenbaum. This is the last time I was talking about it public. Thanks for understanding.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks to cn.

allows for a little refreshment...

Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Materna and Petkov who have their stores next to each other

1621qbo.jpg

acxwkx.jpg

nn8w1z.jpg

w9bt36.jpg

10pvau1.jpg

bijde9.jpg

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know can it be classified as bespoke.
I order a pair of last by my personal measurments, instructed the lastmaker what style I wanted, make a trial shoe for fitting by myself, ammended the design.
Then I ask the shoemaker to do another trial shoe for me (becuse of the amendment), then sew an upper for me, I give him 5 pics and instructed him to change "here and here", then he draw up the pattern, and I amended it again before sewing.
Then he hand lasted and hand welted the shoe for me.
I am going to sew the sole by myself next month. (I want the upper "set" on the last for a month)
Will it be a pair of bespoke shoe?

I will take few pics of them later if I have time.

In Hong Kong, you can try many thing out on a very reasonable price, I love this city!

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trial pair for an upcoming project. The finished shoe will have be a captoe oxford in fox suede. The second try-on will be in about a week, the final shoe should be ready before christmas.

msw-secondtrial-1.jpg

msw-secondtrial-2.jpg

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball
I don't know can it be classified as bespoke.
I order a pair of last by my personal measurments, instructed the lastmaker what style I wanted, make a trial shoe for fitting by myself, ammended the design.
Then I ask the shoemaker to do another trial shoe for me (becuse of the amendment), then sew an upper for me, I give him 5 pics and instructed him to change "here and here", then he draw up the pattern, and I amended it again before sewing.
Then he hand lasted and hand welted the shoe for me.
I am going to sew the sole by myself next month. (I want the upper "set" on the last for a month)
Will it be a pair of bespoke shoe?

I will take few pics of them later if I have time.

In Hong Kong, you can try many thing out on a very reasonable price, I love this city!

Are you using your Shell Cordovan hides to make anything?

jamaican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Why are you afraid to like them? They are wonderful.

Yeh... that's the problem. That's why I am afraid... I want some! J

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads