• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

pdsf

Reaction score
^ what kind of bags are you after? That'd help people give pointers.

haiguise

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djibouti
5160227909_fee1a51268_z.jpg
Bought this online - it hasn't arrived yet - not sure what I will use it for... edit: it's vintage from the 40s, made in Germany- i'll take some better pics when it gets here.

This is sex. WANT. Dude, who made it? How much did you pay? EDIT: on second look, the hardware is really dated. hurp durp. Looks like a doctor's bag.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pdsf
^ what kind of bags are you after? That'd help people give pointers.

Something along the lines of a messenger bag or a rucksack would be incredible. I'm also looking into totes to carry a textbook when i need it.

countcount

Reaction score
Originally Posted by computerpro3
I'm going to be a whore and post this here even though I already posted it in MC

img3297o.jpg

Amazing bag. Glaser Designs? Do you have any more pics?

pdsf

Reaction score
^ more pics here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=3753065

Originally Posted by Master Milano
Something along the lines of a messenger bag or a rucksack would be incredible. I'm also looking into totes to carry a textbook when i need it.

If your budget is <$250, check out Makr and Billykirk. The former has a nice rucksack (scroll back a few pages - I posted about it) for around US$180. Acrimony in SF had a 20% off on it. They both do nice totes that are different from Filson. Property Of...is a brand people seem to like (I don't but that's just me) - they have lots of styles that might appeal. Jack Spade is another good choice for messenger bags, rucksacks, and totes. I know they are all made in China these days but IMHO their quality is really quite okay. It's close to the holiday season and they will have another sale soon so if I were you, I'd wait.

sharpie12

Reaction score
Rag & Bone[/quote]

Looks nice! I always like R&B stuff. Never knew that they make bags as well. How's the build and quality? Where's it made in?
Thanks.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rucksacks from makr are all sold out
frown.gif
The medium sized carry out looks good, can you comment on the quality?
Also i'm afraid those rucksacks from mkr will have a hard time maintaining its shape i.e flop around like duluth rucksacks.
lol agree with you property of bags are not that great.

Thanks for the help. Should i ask anymore questions here or in the quick question thread?

pdsf

Reaction score
^ Acrimony in San Francisco has these Makr rucksacks: http://www.shopacrimony.com/shop/443...farm-rucksack/ http://www.shopacrimony.com/shop/503...ound-backpack/ I have never seen them irl but based on the feedback from people their quality should be good. I think many rucksacks are quite "shapeless." Unfortunately the construtured ones always look too boxy for me. Another brand you might want to check out is Mandarina Duck. They have lots of styles and lines and the Work line is not bad. However, think more functional vs style though. A brand I re-discovered recently is Agnes b but if you're not in Europe or Asia it'd be hard to find a good range of products. Also check Ernest Alexander in New York for some nice messenger bag. They are a bit above your budget but I believe the quality is fantastic (check the relevant thread on SF) so you should get your money's worth. I have been in touch with Ernest a few times and he appears to be a great guy - someone who truly cares about the quality of this products. http://www.ernestalexander.com If you write him, tell him Ernest says Hi (yes we have the same name which makes writing him an interesting experience). I am not the thread master so it's up to you re asking questions here or in the quick question thread. I know most people are not tolerant of noobs starting a new thread just to ask a question but on this thread people ask questions all the time and they get their answers. I'd always search first though. Re the Rag and Bone bags - I think they are made in China but I am not 100% sure. I have only seen them once or twice irl. Barneys has them on sale at the moment.
smile.gif

Abliss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pdsf
^oh wow, that is insane in the membrane....

For more formal looking bags, I recently discovered Lotuff & Clegg. I particularly like their regular duffle and trunk duffle. I have not seen them irl but based on the website pics, they look to be of high quality.

Which one do you prefer? Lotuff & Clegg or Glaser Designs??

I have been looking at the http://www.lotuffclegg.com/products/...avel-Bag.html# for a very long time. If anyone have this one, could they post actual pictures of it, and how is the quality?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics