• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woolrich WM FW10

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone find me a navy wool maine guide jacket please in size small, i *need* this jacket

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The FW08 cord version was probably one of the best pieces to come out of WWM. Adam - if you could only get one then I would definitely recommend the cord over the wool. I've found mine to be much more versatile here in the northwest, except of course for the few really cold days that we seem to be in right now.
Originally Posted by constant struggle
someone find me a navy wool maine guide jacket please in size small, i *need* this jacket
There is a FW07 version in black on yoox in a small: http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/WOOLRI...Q/sts/sr_men80 The navy ones in recent seasons are pretty much black under most types of light anyways. Edit: also, **** yoox's wwm pricing.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
The FW08 cord version was probably one of the best pieces to come out of WWM. Adam - if you could only get one then I would definitely recommend the cord over the wool. I've found mine to be much more versatile here in the northwest, except of course for the few really cold days that we seem to be in right now. Edit: also, **** yoox's wwm pricing.
Yeah there wasn't really a debate--I saw the cord last night in a full size run and jumped on it. I agree with you it is one of the best examples of arguably the most iconic piece of Daiki's run. Agreed on Yoox's pricing though.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Edit: also, **** yoox's wwm pricing.

Seriously. I like the style, but for two seasons out...?

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Not FW2010, but Yoox has the iconic FW08 Corduroy Maine Guide for sale. Not cheap, but I couldn't resist.

Can't believe that I've had this in my sig forever, and what finally fulfilled it was YOOX.

Link to th product? Yoox has generic descriptions.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's some great stuff on Yoox. But, yeah, they're pricing you up the ass.

Got my eye on, but probably not going to buy:
WWM Brown Cord Maine Guide (tough not to pull the trigger on this one)
WWM Older version of the Black Maine Guide
WWM Green Hunting Jacket (the one that Mauro was selling last year)
EG Brown Wool Denim Engineer's Jacket
EG Brown Wool Denim Mechanic's Coat

rookieleague

Reaction score
Anyone bought any of the blue plaid pieces from this season? I'm kinda tempted by the Upland jacket. Can't decide how wearable it would be IRL though.

5033298163_d31a612427.jpg

garmis

Reaction score
^^I have the hunting balaclava in navy/black plaid. Beautiful, subtle pattern.

captainfunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rookieleague
Anyone bought any of the blue plaid pieces from this season? I'm kinda tempted by the Upland jacket. Can't decide how wearable it would be IRL though.

5033298163_d31a612427.jpg

That's quite the beard/hair combo.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Yeah there wasn't really a debate--I saw the cord last night in a full size run and jumped on it. I agree with you it is one of the best examples of arguably the most iconic piece of Daiki's run.

Agreed on Yoox's pricing though.

ffffuuuu.gif
by the time I saw that cord maine on yoox my size was already sold out
ffffuuuu.gif

Still thinking about copping the other norfolk looking brown cord jacket though, even at that price it's still pretty tempting.

racknac

Reaction score
could someone post a link to the F/W 2008 Maine Guide Jacket on yoox?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads