• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

ghostbusters101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
jeans1new.jpg

These are nice. What are they?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup they're geller. I wear the same 2 pairs of jeans every day which I'm not unhappy with, but I feel I could benefit from mixing it up a little bit

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and yes to those. I like the purplish hue.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yup they're geller. I wear the same 2 pairs of jeans every day which I'm not unhappy with, but I feel I could benefit from mixing it up a little bit
Currently only have one pair of raw denim. Far cry from when I was rotating 6. Though I have black, grey, green and painted white denim now. Mixin' it up for the win.

stinger70

Reaction score
2_A10---MAISON%20MARTIN%20MARGIELA---S30HA033913851090_2_P.PNG

hbeu50185502_415_1.jpg

hbeu50187691_001_1.jpg

still cant decide on a turtleneck. The first one is my favourite but is by far the most expensive.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the augustas are quite nice but imho no piece of footwear is worth over $1000. I have a hard time justifying that any piece of clothing will make me happier than equivalent non-clothing items, i.e. 20 nice meals or a big screen TV or a new computer. even if you have that much money and more, i find it ethically irresponsible for myself to spend that much on a single piece of clothing (and of course i am not going to project that onto you or anyone else here, do whatever you wanna do). i also would think that putting $1000 in your wardrobe might be better spent elsewhere. i dont know why i got into all of that but after getting a pair of c. diems all of these questions started popping into my head. of course im also a student who is building up a lot of debt and probably will have to drastically change my wardrobe in a few years when i wont have any time to wear sw&d stuff anyway, so the situation is obviously different for me.
Ethics? You're simply stating that around $1000 that is where your marginal rate of substitution sets in. This is completely different for everyone.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(and of course i am not going to project that onto you or anyone else here, do whatever you wanna do).

ugh

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I like it but I can't see you pulling it off.
I'm not 100% sure either but have a couple of ideas. I wanted a real hat, not just a beanie, but hats in general are hard to wear these days just because no one really does I guess. Anyway I'm leaning towards getting it but we'll see what happens.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
just felt like explaining either way

nice stealth edit. and no. i did say that earlier but i am also saying that i think a certain level of luxury is morally wrong in my opinion. i dont really feel like discussing or defining a moral system in buying clothing though so im not sure why i brought it up

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
BB1, I feel like you're buying stuff that's really similar to what you already own.
I actually don't own a single low top boot-- something I've been wanting for a long time. And I happen to like the Augustas better than anything else I've seen in this category. Besides, a lot of your stuff looks surprisingly similar to me too. I feel it becomes difficult to pair styles together well when I buy too many things that look super different. Thus, if someone says "that looks like a typical BB1 purchase" then I consider that to be a good thing. No different than when we see a leopard print Tornado Mart shirt and everyone calls it an "Uncontrol shirt".
Originally Posted by snake
BB1, I think those Augustas would go well with your Attachment stuff.
You read my mind!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads