• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best cheap ceviche in NYC?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have recently been on a ceviche craze. Please recommend cheap places in NY that offer tasty ceviche. I am looking for a place I can gorge myself on the dish without breaking the bank. Yes, lots of nice restaurants offer ceviche and yes, I have been to these places, but I'm looking for a low-budget go-to place. Don't waste your time with "the best ceviche in NYC is at X but it costs $30 per miniplate" replies. Thanks.`

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I'm interested to know as well, I love a great ceviche. And while it does not help you out now, a very well known chef is opening a ceviche restaurant in NYC pretty soon. That will make for a lot of
smile.gif

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a bit cold for ceviche at the moment.

I have nothing helpful to add.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ceviche is the easiest thing in the world to make. Just have it at home.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Ceviche is the easiest thing in the world to make. Just have it at home.
I have about 3 hours per week at home alone and I don't have time to cook (or prepare meals from raw ingredients, in this case).

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I have about 3 hours per week at home alone and I don't have time to cook (or prepare meals from raw ingredients, in this case).
That's good, because you don't need to cook ceviche. Just cut up a few scallops and squeeze on lime juice. Then let it sit while you take a growler.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
That's good, because you don't need to cook ceviche. Just cut up a few scallops and squeeze on lime juice. Then let it sit while you take a growler.

Ok thanks. Will keep that in mind.

Anyone else with recs for restaurants in addition to home preparation?

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Desnuda in the east village for ceviche. Probably not cheap enough to warrant inclusion in this thread but a very pleasant place to have a good ceviche and glass of wine.

For cheap ceviche, I would recommend the ball fields in red hook. Outdoors and not open year round but very cheap and like all of the food out of those vendors, very tasty.

riverrun

Reaction score
lima's taste and mercadito are pretty cheap. the former is relatively true to what I've had in lima for what it's worth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics