• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll def get pics up once I get them in. probably monday or tuesday.

countrygent

Reaction score
Mike,

Sizing question about the Hoyts. I have a pair of Rudy moleskin in size 33 - needed to get the waist and seat taken in for a good fit though, so I'm guessing I could have managed a size 32. I also have other jeans (Nudies, Earnest Sewn) that fit with true waist sizes around 32", however they had quite a bit of give in the waist.

Given that I've read that the EP jeans don't stretch as much as other denim, could you recommend a size in Hoyts for me?

Thanks.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit on my new Epaulet Rivet chino is so intensely powerful it requires me to completely re-calibrate my definition of transcendence.

Bravo, epaulet, bravo.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Smiths are here from what I can tell. As for black ODs, on 10/25 Mike said

10/25...I have to wait until next October to get some O/Ds!? goddamn

cicero79

Reaction score
Hey Everybody, can anyone comment on the sizing on the Rivet Chino's? I know some folks provided a comparison to J Crew but just wanted to confirm. I wear a 32 in KMW Rocker and they're the perfect fit. Usually between 32 and 33 on Uniqlo slacks depending on the fit. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Gratzi!

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Any chance you guys will be selling some of your own white oxfords again? Thanks.

jeisurii

Reaction score
Just placed an order for a pair of British Khaki Rivet Chinos. Been looking for a decent pair of Khaki Chinos for a short while and there seems to be plenty of love here

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
Hey Everybody, can anyone comment on the sizing on the Rivet Chino's? I know some folks provided a comparison to J Crew but just wanted to confirm. I wear a 32 in KMW Rocker and they're the perfect fit. Usually between 32 and 33 on Uniqlo slacks depending on the fit. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Gratzi!

I only own one pair of J.Crew Pants (urban slim fit broken in chino) in a 32 and originally ordered the OD in a 31 (they fit a size larger than tagged) the waist was too tight and I ended up exchanging them for a 32 and bought my gun metal twill in a 33 (normal size). I also have a pair of KMW Rockers in a 32 that fit very well - had to stretch a bit from when I first got them- but they're the Taichi wash not raw.

Ideefixee

Reaction score
Just purchased their Grey Flannel shirt, am very excited to wear it, their Smalls seem so accurate to my body type, it's scary.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
SON OF A *****

So there's a charcoal flannel shirt that's gonna be on its way to me soon, and from what I see on the site, it's going be awesome.

Thanks dude, enjoy it! The fabric is psychotically soft. I'll warn you that you'll be stroking your chest all day long with that on.

Originally Posted by fashunhor
Call me crazy but I can't find the current Smith Jean on the Epaulet shop website. Did something happen with these? Are the black overdyes still on their way?

We've still got some stock on the 12.25oz Cone Mills denim, and I've got a new run of 14oz red-line Kurabo selvedge landing soon. It will look the same - indigo with contrast stitching.

Black Overdyes are on my radar, but they probably won't come until next Feb-Mar.

Originally Posted by justtemple
got some camo rivet chinos. figured why the hell not.

Awe yeah! Fit pics!

Originally Posted by hboogz
Thinking about washing my Smith EP's for the firs time this weekend. I want to get the whole inseam shrinkage out of the way already, it's been 3-4 months of moderate wear.

cold cycle with woolite or warm soak for 20 mins ?

I'd wash in cold water and hang day. They'll feel really small for the first hour after drying, but the waist and inseam will stretch back to its original size. It takes some work the first time
smile.gif

Originally Posted by countrygent
Mike,

Sizing question about the Hoyts. I have a pair of Rudy moleskin in size 33 - needed to get the waist and seat taken in for a good fit though, so I'm guessing I could have managed a size 32. I also have other jeans (Nudies, Earnest Sewn) that fit with true waist sizes around 32", however they had quite a bit of give in the waist.

Given that I've read that the EP jeans don't stretch as much as other denim, could you recommend a size in Hoyts for me?

Thanks.

I think that the Hoyt in 33 would work for you. Pretty much every exchange that we've taken is for customers going up a size, so I always recommend erring on the larger side.

Originally Posted by eglbc
The fit on my new Epaulet Rivet chino is so intensely powerful it requires me to completely re-calibrate my definition of transcendence.

Bravo, epaulet, bravo.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Klemins
10/25...I have to wait until next October to get some O/Ds!? goddamn

No, we'll get it going earlier than that - my bad!

Originally Posted by cicero79

PM'd you back - I think that a 32 should be good on these.

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
Any chance you guys will be selling some of your own white oxfords again? Thanks.

You bet, we'll bring them back as an early Spring item

Originally Posted by jeisurii
Just placed an order for a pair of British Khaki Rivet Chinos. Been looking for a decent pair of Khaki Chinos for a short while and there seems to be plenty of love here

Originally Posted by Ideefixee
Just purchased their Grey Flannel shirt, am very excited to wear it, their Smalls seem so accurate to my body type, it's scary.

Thanks guys, let me know what you think!

nhatom

Reaction score
mike,

are your chunky light blue oxfords going to go on the site soon?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those of you who own the new rivet chinos when you washed and dryed them did any of the measurements shrink at all? i'm asking because the my true waist is a little over 28 but i didn't want super skinny fit on the lower half i mean all my denim the hems are 7.25 smallest.

i bought the size 29 and i was wondering if the waist would shrink any at all? the rest of the fit is good though. i could probably have handled size 28's easily if i had too. wondering if i should keep these or exchange for 28's?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
for those of you who own the new rivet chinos when you washed and dryed them did any of the measurements shrink at all? i'm asking because the my true waist is a little over 28 but i didn't want super skinny fit on the lower half i mean all my denim the hems are 7.25 smallest. i bought the size 29 and i was wondering if the waist would shrink any at all? the rest of the fit is good though. i could probably have handled size 28's easily if i had too. wondering if i should keep these or exchange for 28's?
I hang-dry them. No shrinkage whatsoever. Mike says you can expect slight shrinkage in length"”if any at all"”but the waist should stay the same. That's consistent with my experience. - Keith

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i should exchange then i guess because i was hoping the waist would shrink. i could just hem them for the length. its already too long lol. guess i'll e-mail them tomorrow about exchanging for 28's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads