• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Riio
i was really looking forward to adding a pair of paul smiths to my outfits, but it turns out they're too small. looks like it's back to pleb clarks for now, paul smiths will be up for sale soon

Pwf8D.jpg

what's the jacket?

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi guys, i am a regular over on MC (dark) side ...lol. our MC does SW&D challenge has motivated me to start poasting here on weekends/holidays when i am outside of a suit/MC wear.

I believe in versatility so i hope to learn a bit over here for my weekend/holiday fits to be the best i can be at SW&D as much as it conforms with my lifestyle.

With that said, here is my fit today ... rip away ... lol:

bd78d7cf.jpg

ec9028fa.jpg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
niidawg i don't like the t-shirt. Something without writing, in a lighter colour than the blazer would look good. I think some shoes or boots might look a bit better there too.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
hi guys, i am a regular over on MC (dark) side ...lol. our MC does SW&D challenge has motivated me to start poasting here on weekends/holidays when i am outside of a suit/MC wear.

I believe in versatility so i hope to learn a bit over here for my weekend/holiday fits to be the best i can be at SW&D as much as it conforms with my lifestyle.

With that said, here is my fit today ... rip away ... lol:

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/bd78d7cf.jpg
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/ec9028fa.jpg

Ditch the graphic T. Otherwise, it's all pretty good albeit basic.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakebean
that shirt is terribad. not in the michael jackson way either.

Originally Posted by hendrix
niidawg i don't like the t-shirt. Something without writing, in a lighter colour than the blazer would look good. I think some shoes or boots might look a bit better there too.

Originally Posted by Nil
Ditch the graphic T. Otherwise, it's all pretty good albeit basic.

thanks for the feedback guys. i guess a gray or light blue plain tee would have been better? I thought of that but then that left the outfit as basic color blocks with no visual interest.

i totall agree with showing contrast btwn the shirt and jacket now that i look at it. what are good types of undershirts to wear outside of just basic greys/blues etc. are shirts with designs/inscriptions frowned upon totally?

the shoes are black leather high tops and because of how skinny the jeans were, didnt want to go any bigger since i thought it would throw the proportions off.

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
as an aspiring MC-by-day SWD-by-night (emphasis on aspiring, admittedly) person myself, let me say it's nice to see some cross-pollination resulting from that contest.

+100

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its hard to pull off the t-shirt with blazer look, in my opinion. the shapes are often not really complimentary and it often comes off as "i just stepped out of express with a BRAND NEW WARDROBE that my girlfriend picked for me!!!" in my opinion. the only time it really works for me is in crazy stylezeitgeist-like fits imo. i admit to having pretty eclectic tastes though

somehow though, i do likesome graphic t-shirts once in a while so im not saying eliminate them altogether either.

that being said everything else looks spot on in terms of fit, and you're one of my favorite personalities over on the MC side, so please do keep posting.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe in versatility so i hope to learn a bit over here for my weekend/holiday fits to be the best i can be at SW&D as much as it conforms with my lifestyle.​

Props to niidawg for posting on both forums.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
cheers.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Love that first pic, synth
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Got a little paint on his neck
Originally Posted by Desi
did not know I had to post my "MC" look in this thread and not PM to the thread starter like the first ever competition thread.
DSC_0384.jpg
Going hard with the plastic chair and em happy socks.

This is actually awesome, though red-white-blue socks would have done better with the boots (as would a Thom Browne tie)
Originally Posted by BrizaBirch
thx y'all taking fitpics and posing (for me) my face always looks marsupialed, so i crop it out... other pics taken by people from nights out look marginally normal(er)... yeah, kelvin, the flecked cardi is apc from last year (over geller shirt) jeans are skinny guys, boots are marjella, knit is our legacy, coat is mexx
Probably the only APC piece I've ever really liked
Originally Posted by bows1
Another beautiful Day! Sunset
Purty sweater
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
pleb mall brands.
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

Sweater's a bit glaring
hi guys, i am a regular over on MC (dark) side ...lol. our MC does SW&D challenge has motivated me to start poasting here on weekends/holidays when i am outside of a suit/MC wear. I believe in versatility so i hope to learn a bit over here for my weekend/holiday fits to be the best i can be at SW&D as much as it conforms with my lifestyle. With that said, here is my fit today ... rip away ... lol:​
Replace shirt with Margiela AIDS tee, win moar points

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Got a little paint on his neck

This is actually awesome, though red-white-blue socks would have done better with the boots (as would a Thom Browne tie)

Replace shirt with Margiela AIDS tee, win moar points

? what color socks is he wearing?

also i thought the exact same thing about the mmm aids tee. although i think mmm aids is pretty terrible

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Pink-blue stripe happysocks by the looks of it?

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure theyre the USA happy socks. i own the same pair
happy-socks-wong-wong-usa-selectism-0-150x150.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics