• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
when a suit is fully canvassed, how far downs the length of the suit does the canvass go?
this is my 4th made to order, canvass goes down to 3rd button of a 3 button suit

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ginlimetonic
when a suit is fully canvassed, how far downs the length of the suit does the canvass go?
this is my 4th made to order, canvass goes down to 3rd button of a 3 button suit

28416496302f11c3b987.jpg

http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/search/label/canvas

matt22616

Reaction score
I know I could search, but hopefully someone in this thread would be kind enough to either tell me, or point me towards the answer. In my sig, how do I combine the link I want people to follow w/ it's title? For example, I would prefer my sig to simply read "X for sale" and that 'title' be the link itself, as opposed to it's current state.

Many thanks!

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
I know I could search, but hopefully someone in this thread would be kind enough to either tell me, or point me towards the answer. In my sig, how do I combine the link I want people to follow w/ it's title? For example, I would prefer my sig to simply read "X for sale" and that 'title' be the link itself, as opposed to it's current state.

Many thanks!

Check the code:

X for sale

Craiger

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the right thread, I'm new here. I bought a pair of Prada stitched oxfords for $444 the other day. Are Prada's worth it for that price? Is there a better Oxford for the money? I've just started learning about shoes, most of mine have been of the disposable variety. The most high-end shoe that I own is the AE MacNeil in Cordovan.

Thanks in advance.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Craiger
Sorry if this isn't the right thread, I'm new here. I bought a pair of Prada stitched oxfords for $444 the other day. Are Prada's worth it for that price? Is there a better Oxford for the money? I've just started learning about shoes, most of mine have been of the disposable variety. The most high-end shoe that I own is the AE MacNeil in Cordovan.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/

yesssir

Reaction score
Where can I purchase inexpensive gold buttons to replace the buttons on my blue blazer?

baba booey

Reaction score
Do they make something to re-color the edge of a wooden sole? The front lip of my sole got into a little spat with the sidewalk.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baba booey
Do they make something to re-color the edge of a wooden sole? The front lip of my sole got into a little spat with the sidewalk.

(Wooden?) They do, but some polish will do the trick. (Wrap some cloth around your finger, get some polish and apply it to the edge.)

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
(Wooden?) They do, but some polish will do the trick. (Wrap some cloth around your finger, get some polish and apply it to the edge.)
Thanks for the tip, I will give it a shot. If I don't like the results what is the stuff they make to color?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baba booey

you need edge dressing.

TheDandy

Reaction score
When a buttonhole get a bit old we kinda see the canvas through the tread... does anybody have any other trick than using a marker?

TheDandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yesssir
Where can I purchase inexpensive gold buttons to replace the buttons on my blue blazer?

Just visit a tailor supply store...

TheDandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
Haha. Just make that your signature and post blank messages on this thread.

Well, I'm knew here... I guess by your answer that this is not the type of answer he is expecting?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads