• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What the hell? Do you know what you're talking about?

Eels

Reaction score
"I like someone who knows who they are and doesn't care what people think about him, or his clothing."
- Kate B.

Then why the....

red dragon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
http://www.valetmag.com/style/profil...le-results.php Wear a bow tie and go sockless, but don't dress prep? These answers make no sense.
"For our second partnership with DonQ's LadyData, we asked women for their thoughts on men's style. Thousands of ladies answered our call. Of course, we were surprised by some of the findings (as were a few of our favorite men's bloggers). But fear not, gents. Our fashion team provides helpful "style lessons" for a few of the trickier questions."
ffffuuuu.gif

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Similar survey from WWD.

http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot....nk-factor.html

Bias here is that they only survey women in the "industry."

Summary: well-fitting pants, nice shoes, good bag, t-shirt, and stylish jacket. Above all, something with personality and lived in look - subtle and "effortless" so as to not look like you tried.

For what it's worth, my wife has made a point that I don't wear enough t-shirts. I countered that I wear one every day ... underneath my button ups.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
Not one of these woman admitted they notice the pocket square. Whores and liars.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eunice Lee, Unis: "I tend to notice bad style first: I'll think how horrible his jeans, sunglasses or shoes are. But when a guy has great style, it's usually because he's understated, so then I'll notice his eyes or face first. The clothing should never overpower the guy."
this.

red dragon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
I think the key is to figure out which of the percentiles most of the hot women choose.

This.

On an unrelated note - if one more girl in sweatpants and uggs asks me if I use that "pretty handkerchief in my pocket" to blow my nose
facepalm.gif
, I'm going to lose it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
this.

Eunice Lee is pretty cool. Her clothes are pretty functional basics. I can see a lot of MC guys getting into her stuff as their weekend wear. It's what I'd hope for for the MC does SW&D contest.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by red dragon
This.

On an unrelated note - if one more girl in sweatpants and uggs asks me if I use that "pretty handkerchief in my pocket" to blow my nose
facepalm.gif
, I'm going to lose it.

You must have told "Or wipe your face after I finish with it"...

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Eunice Lee is pretty cool. Her clothes are pretty functional basics. I can see a lot of MC guys getting into her stuff as their weekend wear. It's what I'd hope for for the MC does SW&D contest.

Yep. Unis is awesome. I should have done head-to-toe Unis today. :p

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
You must have told "Or wipe your face after I finish with it"...

What a waste of a perfectly good pocket square.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads