• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
2010-11-09_12-35-52_141.jpg

Guys what boots are these?

twism_23

Reaction score
I'm surprised at how many people say these boots are tough to break in. I just got 2 pairs 9010's and 9013's. Never ended up with sore feet or ankles. I'm loving them.

dredey

Reaction score
I wear a 9 in the Indys they fir great and I love them. But I fit into a 9.5 with the Red Wing GT. Does this make sense? I have a narrow foot too. The GT in size 9 squeezes the 3 toes so much they can't wiggle. The 9.5 GT there's room. But the Aldens size 9 is perfect and feels great. I never wore a size 9 in I don't know how long. Does this sound right? Chucks are 9.5, Sneakers are 10, Sperry's are 10, Brooks Brothers boats 9.5, Mephisto Battler 10. Alden Indy 9??

buttman

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had a pair of 1907s with the white soles for about a year now. The soles are holding up very well, except for about a 3/4 inch area at the toe, which is wearing down much more rapidly than everywhere else. At its thinnest its about 1/8 of an inch away from the leather. Has anyone else experienced this? What should I do? Is resoling the only option?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
People are still buying these?

The moment is over.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
LOL

sn says it all, is your other sn zerostyle?

Abliss

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Red Wing Chukka 3140 of the Bay. Unfortunately no care products were included.
Of course Red Wing advises you to use their products, but what products are you using for care taking?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might have to kop a pair of Red Wings if LL Bean does not work for me. Recommendations for a relatively cheap model?

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the fit/last of the Red Wing 899(http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1045) (or the JCrew version from last year)?

I want to get some but I don't know what size to order.

I tried on a 9013 Beckman/GT and an Iron Ranger and was a 9.5 in both (little narrow on the Beckman, but nothing that wouldn't stretch out. I'd say i'm about a 10.5B measured.

Cheers.

halisray

Reaction score
any tips on using sno seal? my 8111s are about to go into their first winter

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads