• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorial_marxist
Hey chunky
laugh.gif

sup patna ...

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
So if you knew you did, why didnt you make some changes? Always intrigued by when people admit to failing yet wear the failure. Its different from being undecided whether it works or not, but if you think its a straight F, why even wear it?

This is an excellent question. I suppose I just wanted to participate in the challenge and get input. Obviously I have plenty of streetwear-acceptable pieces, but I don't really dress in that style, so I'm not sure how to do that "look". For example, the Band of Outsiders pea coat I wore is certainly SW&D approved, but really it's just a nicely cut coat, nothing edgy about it. I wear these things with casual "MC" looks. I shall ponder what might have looked better.
wink.gif

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I was working from home yesterday so it seemed a reasonable opportunity to have a go at this week's challenge.
Gory details:
Jeans: Levi 501s
Shirt (unseen): Uniqlo
Aran Sweater: Highland Home Industries
Harris Tweed SC: James Pringle
Boots: Barker 'Harrison'
Bag: Barbour

Great jumper, MoK

Originally Posted by NotDickDiver

That coat will result in one of the following happening: you will get beat up, you will get robbed, you will get raped depending on the city you happen to be in (I would stay clear of SF, Sydney, and Rotterdam), or you will get beat up, robbed and raped.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I am 100% out of my comfort zone.

And I like the scarf too.
smile.gif

Sweet!

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I havent been raped yet though.

Spoo - I admire your sense of adventure. I will cross my fingers for teh ****.

Oh God ... please let my entry be acceptable to the SW&D gods...
0c076361.jpg

Channelling my Inner Neo ...
b07b2164-1.jpg

This Mish-Mash:
e23a12ee-1.jpg

All Becomes This:
defd984f.jpg

Superb Nii, love the white/ off white trousers, shoes, the black watch gilet and greens of the scarf and socks. As usual you are the sock king.

Rofl at the inner Neo, you are like a well dressed Ninja, Nii.

Made in California

Reaction score
That coat will result in one of the following happening: you will get beat up, you will get robbed, you will get raped depending on the city you happen to be in (I would stay clear of SF, Sydney, and Rotterdam), or you will get beat up, robbed and raped.
I don't know what you're talking about. Spoo's look is killer. He's going to win!
So if you knew you did, why didnt you make some changes? Always intrigued by when people admit to failing yet wear the failure. Its different from being undecided whether it works or not, but if you think its a straight F, why even wear it?
Marketing 102: Under-promise, over-deliver. One of my personal favorites in the marketing arena, I enjoy when companies do this.

jjimison

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I was working from home yesterday so it seemed a reasonable opportunity to have a go at this week's challenge. Looking through the winter wardrobe I was a bit stumped, maybe I could have made a better effort with summer scarves and linen... Anyway no obscure Japanese brands (unless a Uniqlo shirt obscured from view by the sweater counts) and I refuse to go 1960's Star Trek style with my jeans tucked in my boots. Hitting the mean streets of Faversham in denim:

20101118_pt2.jpg

Gory details:
Jeans: Levi 501s
Shirt (unseen): Uniqlo
Aran Sweater: Highland Home Industries
Harris Tweed SC: James Pringle
Boots: Barker 'Harrison'
Bag: Barbour

Epic look! I love that sweater.

I love this whole thread! As a SF noob, this is by far my favorite thread, thus far. I ought to dig out my camera and post something...

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since the pic didn't have to be from today, I'll try this. As I've posted it before, I'll happily accept disqualification, but I thought it might be interesting to hear the comments from SW&D.

img2230l.jpg

Deets for those who care: RayBan P Cockpit, Barbour coat, Drakes cashmere scarf, Cilento deerskin gloves in pocket, bespoke large gingham (white/navy) shirt, Canali knit, LVC 1947, Corneliani suede belt, C&J Chiltern suede chukkas, PAM 177

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
Superb Nii, love the white/ off white trousers, shoes, the black watch gilet and greens of the scarf and socks. As usual you are the sock king.

Rofl at the inner Neo, you are like a well dressed Ninja, Nii.

thanks TDK. i was impressed with my hops
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Made in California
Marketing 102: Under-promise, over-deliver. One of my personal favorites in the marketing arena, I enjoy when companies do this.

ah, i see. what about under-promise/under-delivery? Which marketing course is that covered in? lol.

Originally Posted by Fred49
Suit Gary
shirt vanLaak
ps vanlaak
cigar
shoes Loob
tie ASW
watch Jaeger

so bossy Fred!!!

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
Are you somewhere in Russia now?

24hr visit to St Petersburg. Now safely back in London.

Need some galoshes

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
Since the pic didn't have to be from today, I'll try this. As I've posted it before, I'll happily accept disqualification, but I thought it might be interesting to hear the comments from SW&D.

img2230l.jpg

Deets for those who care: RayBan P Cockpit, Barbour coat, Drakes cashmere scarf, Cilento deerskin gloves in pocket, bespoke large gingham (white/navy) shirt, Canali knit, LVC 1947, Corneliani suede belt, C&J Chiltern suede chukkas, PAM 177

This is a good look.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have the trinity NOBD ... awesome fit, awesome photography and awesome presentation. That NOBD tag on the pictures is ice cold. And before the light jeans haters trot out of the dug-out ... let me say i like it ... lol.

Well played man!!

Thank you very much, nii. You're too kind.

About the jeans"”standard issue:

apcvlabelnewstandard.jpg

IMO, this is winter casual as it should be done. Thank you for posting this.

Thank you for posting this.

Originally Posted by edmorel
NOBD, sick fadez.

Thanks, Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics