• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Analog
Do you know of any Toronto retailers carrying Kilsgaard frames? Or Wolfgang Proksch?

I have no idea who carries either. Kilsgaard will be very difficult to find as their customer service representation in Ontario is pretty poor. Most shops will not want to deal with the current distributor (if it is still the same person who did it in the past).

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for going off topic but...

I JUST HIT 1,000 POSTS!!!! MOSTLY FROM THIS THREAD (I'm not much help in any other thread). LOL!

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by handsometigers
The scary thing about finding "cheap" brand name glasses is the possibility of them being fake.

This is correct. The cheaper it is, the more odd I would think it would be. There are tons of online stores. My concern would be finding a reputable one more than the best price. There has been so many "busts" where they find fake Raybans.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is more of a question to everyone and it might seem stupid but here goes,

which glasses style aren't played out?

Thanks haha.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Milano
This is more of a question to everyone and it might seem stupid but here goes, which glasses style aren't played out? Thanks haha.
Simply put... If you have seen it on a bill board, stay away. If it is a household name, stay away. If your friend and his brother have them, stay away. If all the "cool" people are wearing them, stay away. Kind of vague, but you get the idea.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by handsometigers
The scary thing about finding "cheap" brand name glasses is the possibility of them being fake.

i know.

but this still doesn't really answer my question :\\

fungz0r

Reaction score
Opinions on tom ford tf5013 frames? I want to pick up a new pair of glasses

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cb_32
i know.

but this still doesn't really answer my question :\\

Sorry. I do not know of any online sunglass retailers, although I think there is a SF Affiliate that sells them. Maybe one of the Mods can drop a link in this thread.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
Opinions on tom ford tf5013 frames? I want to pick up a new pair of glasses

IMO, you can find that style in many different brands. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice frame but so many brands have even copied even that shiny metal trim. For the money you pay and the product you get I think you could find another brand that has something comparable. I would take my $500+ else where, but that is my opinion. I am all about "value". And personally I think you could find better "value" elsewhere.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the "bridge" measurement on a sunglass frame a reliable guide to fit? I have a Persol frame with a 16mm bridge which slips on my nose; should I stay away from anything 17mm or larger?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Is the "bridge" measurement on a sunglass frame a reliable guide to fit? I have a Persol frame with a 16mm bridge which slips on my nose; should I stay away from anything 17mm or larger?

Depends how it is slipping. If the side of the pads are not touch and it is sliding down, stay away from anything that is wider. If they are touching but sliding down changes are it just needs an adjustment. If you get a dispenser to adjust them they may be able to help the fit a bit.

The "bridge" measurement is NOT a fool-proof measurement. Usually a "17" bridge can be an actual "16.5mm" or "17.5". It isn't a big difference, but if you consider 16.5 and 17.5, it is a difference of 1mm. In the eye world, that is huge. We measure things in factions of millimeters. When lenses are cut they are to the 100th of a millimeter. So that should give you an idea of the specifics in eyewear.

I know I kind of gave a vague answer. But if you have another specific question, let us know.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityConnection
IMO, you can find that style in many different brands. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice frame but so many brands have even copied even that shiny metal trim. For the money you pay and the product you get I think you could find another brand that has something comparable. I would take my $500+ else where, but that is my opinion. I am all about "value". And personally I think you could find better "value" elsewhere.

Well the frames go for around $200, which falls under my health insurance claim so I'd be basically getting them for free. Which other brands would have something similar? I don't know much about glasses, my current ones are from Momo, the racing brand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads