• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
So? Are your legs the same size as a sz.28? No, they're larger, but the increase in waist size should translate to a proportional change in other measurements as well

Hey, blame the jean manufacturer. I have 22" thighs from my powerlifting days and they still don't quite fill out the Rockers in a size 36 waist. If I sized down to a 34 waist, I don't think they would close on me, but the rest of the leg would probably be OK (the knee might not be comfortable at that point though).

Originally Posted by lmaozedong
i don't know what you're getting at. moo isn't as skinny as some of the 20 year old asians like you and me? im pretty sure that 6" in the waist in moo's jeans isn't corresponding to a proportionally longer/wider leg, which makes his jeans not look or fit as slim.

Exactly.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
So? Are your legs the same size as a sz.28? No, they're larger, but the increase in waist size should translate to a proportional change in other measurements as well

You are wrong in assuming that the proportions are the same across all sizes.

That said, nice chicken legs notwithit! Look how thirsty you are, too.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I caught **** on SZ for this but style DOES NOT stop at the neckline.
Definitely agree here...that's quite puzzling they weren't receptive to those ideas. Pretty much no one on there has a babyface, lol

G0079

Reaction score
gMNgi.jpg

NnDvw.jpg

Vintage jacket. The "Canadian Camper Coat"
Jcrew shawl sweatshirt
APC NS
Katahdins

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Hey, blame the jean manufacturer. I have 22" thighs from my powerlifting days and they still don't quite fill out the Rockers in a size 36 waist. If I sized down to a 34 waist, I don't think they would close on me, but the rest of the leg would probably be OK (the knee might not be comfortable at that point though).

Exactly.

Um, you mean 22" diameter then, right? Or you meant calves instead of thighs? Or, this is a joke?

Robokop

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
HOW TO BOOT TUCK:

Pants must be skintight or have a sharp taper. Basically the key to a successful tuck is to make it look like that is the only possible way your outfit can go. A good test for aesthetic sucess is to ask yourself if you have to constantly re-tuck? if the answer is yes, it's probably not working It can be done with looser pants but they would need to be a very thin drapey material. '

The taller the boots the better, esp. if they have some volume. Horseback style boots or the iconic rick ones make for good boot tucks.

This is generally not going to work with blue jeans or any heavy material. It is also imperative that the rest of the outfit be relatively simple. Skintight going in to a tuck gives you a little more leeway as the silhouette won't be quite so severe as a tuck with slightly bloused pants.

As always look to designers who have done this successfully and make sure you do it with confidence and swagger. Like most more adventurous looke this will work much better for you if you are a) tall and skinny or b) Asian with long hair (and skinny) Boot tuck is one of those things that veers dangerously close to "If you have to ask it's not for you."

Personally I do the boot tuck, esp if I'm wearing skintight jeans but much more often I will wear cropped pants if I wanna do boots - much the same effect and easier to pull off IMHO.

This borders on bullshit. Asian with long hair?!

Like most of what makes a fit appealing, it's all about proportions. The majority of those buying into the look are too short or too squat and the resultant fit is off. Or, less importantly, your photography skills suck dick.

A slim silhouette is key.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Um, you mean 22" diameter then, right? Or you meant calves instead of thighs? Or, this is a joke?
Hey don't knock my thighs dude 22" is pretty decent. For a midget like me anyways.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Maybe I measured mine wrong. I kind of have Cro-cop thighs and Coleman-calves.
frown.gif

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well into no-shave november coworkers getting suspicious, beard getting itchy
rjlj81.png
only items with brands are geller cardigan, jil shoes Excuse the stupid ass pants, they're the bottom half of a suit I was gonna wear before I realized it was Friday and threw on the cardigan instead..

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
It's okay Gordon Freeman, sometimes you have to wear the suit you wore to work one day for the rest of your life.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robokop
This borders on bullshit. Asian with long hair?!

Like most of what makes a fit appealing, it's all about proportions. The majority of those buying into the look are too short or too squat and the resultant fit is off. Or, less importantly, your photography skills suck dick.

A slim silhouette is key.

Taller boots is a good point...I'm not well versed on higher cut models for those of us with moderate peasant status. Tips welcome.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
what I wore today and used as my mc streetwear thing, already got a bunch of hate for it (I thought it was pretty conservative, guess I'm out of touch
frown.gif
)
tumblr_lc4nz1rzWq1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_lc4nz9zXLu1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_lc4nzhqI9F1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_lc4n9t0KDL1qbmp06.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ann d, l & f, ro

photo-2378.jpg

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Fit is great. "Out of touch" with the MC crowd is probably not necessarily a bad thing.... not really feeling the wallet chain tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads