• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
SON OF A *****

Mike is killing me this month. Too much good stuff. Mike keeps sneaking awesome shirts onto the site and I'm fairly certain he is doing this just to torture me. See, he knows that I have no choice but to snag something instantly if it's truly amazing. I can't wait or think twice. As an XS, if I am not the first or second person to grab something, it's gone. This is a total catch 22 because half the appeal is that this stuff isn't mass-produced schlepp rubbish and so I wouldn't want Mike to start making a ton of shirts in XS just so I can take my sweet time mulling over what I know I'm going to end up buying anyway. But still. Son of a ***** bastard goddammit.

So there's a charcoal flannel shirt that's gonna be on its way to me soon, and from what I see on the site, it's going be awesome.

peepwall[1].gif

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know how you feel about the xs items most of the items i want in that size are gone lol.

fashunhor

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I can't find the current Smith Jean on the Epaulet shop website. Did something happen with these? Are the black overdyes still on their way?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smiths are here from what I can tell. As for black ODs, on 10/25 Mike said
I wish that I had good news, but they got totally pushed out for Rivet Chino production. However, I'm getting a ridiculous amount of chinos within the next few weeks, so the Smiths will likely arrive around the first week of December.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
got some camo rivet chinos. figured why the hell not.

I'm wearing mine right now, so ******* good.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about washing my Smith EP's for the firs time this weekend. I want to get the whole inseam shrinkage out of the way already, it's been 3-4 months of moderate wear.

cold cycle with woolite or warm soak for 20 mins ?

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Smiths are here from what I can tell. As for black ODs, on 10/25 Mike said

Yeah those are the first run Smiths. The current ones have contrast stitching and the model had blond hair. It's the ones that launched along with the Hoyts. Its strange that they are not up. Thanks for the reminder on the ODs.

fashunhor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
Thinking about washing my Smith EP's for the firs time this weekend. I want to get the whole inseam shrinkage out of the way already, it's been 3-4 months of moderate wear.

cold cycle with woolite or warm soak for 20 mins ?

I did an initial soak before I started wearing them and the inseam shrank to 33.5. I did a cold soak for 30. I have been wearing them for about 40 days and there is hardly any indigo fading. I am a bit surprised. I had a pair of LVC 1947 501s that showed wear faster than these and they are the same denim I think. Does anyone have any pics of a good broken in faded pair?

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fashunhor
I did an initial soak before I started wearing them and the inseam shrank to 33.5. I did a cold soak for 30. I have been wearing them for about 40 days and there is hardly any indigo fading. I am a bit surprised. I had a pair of LVC 1947 501s that showed wear faster than these and they are the same denim I think. Does anyone have any pics of a good broken in faded pair?

Thanks.

And I'm curious to see a faded pair too.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I'm wearing mine right now, so ******* good.

Yeah, I'm expecting good things man. I already know four or five fits I can pull with them.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TTS, I have them in 30 and I straddle 29-30. Post stretch it's a perfect fit. Maybe I'll post pics soon?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads