• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Condo Thread

kerrly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
So I've been in the condo for a month and still don't have much furniture and it's driving me crazy but I've at least got a better idea of what I want...

Arktura Nebula Coffee Table - I love the look of this thing.

32558.jpg

Calligaris Seattle Cabinet 4 - Would serve as an entertainment centre, etc.

product_3371_3.jpg

I want a grey tweed couch...Something like this:

Paramount+Medium+Sofa.jpg

None of these pieces are definite...Just a general idea of what I like. Not sure what I want for accent chairs and as far as a kitchen table goes, I can't decide between round or square.

Not going to turn it into a closet...Probably going to just throw a bed in there. It's also where my dog sleeps, plays, hangs out, etc.

I think this brand makes furniture that's right up your alley. I own a few pieces and I love it. Might be able to find for slightly cheaper elsewhere on the net, so have a look.

http://www.modernkaribou.ca/m-47-gus...x?pagesize=999

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stazy,

I like the couch choice very much.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in a similar situation. about to close escrow on a 900 sq ft home here in SoCal. been researching furniture for the past month or so. gonna go MCM circa 1950s for the most part. bringing over a red Eames molded plywood chair. beyond that, starting from scratch. living room will prolly go with repro Knoll loveseat and lounge chair. also two repro Eames lounge chairs in birch. coffee table is still up in the air. entrance will have a Nelson bench with cushion because they're not comfortable to sit on.

right now debating on shelving. currently it's the Case Study shelving from Modernica (basically Eames shelving) or a DIY project from indie-furniture.com. and if there is anyway i can incorporate Clouds from kvadratclouds.com into the living room scheme, i will do it.

kitchen will have a Bradshaw dining table from Room and Board and 4 Eames dining chairs with armrests from Hive Modern.

bedroom will be Ikea Mandal bed (basically a rip off of Blu Dot's Modulicious series bed) and a Stuva cabinet from their children's line (also a Blu Dot rip off). the red Eames chair will go in there too.

2nd bedroom is up in the air. prolly a desk of some sort, a sofa bed, and more shelving for books, CDs, etc.

so all standard stuff, but after looking at tons of pictures, it's not necessarily the furniture that makes a place but rather all the little details. kinda like accessorizing your wardrobe. so to that end, i'm going to accesorize with a lot of the folk pieces that i picked up while travelling in the Tibet and Xinjiang provinces this past summer.

but that's all i've got for now.

-Jeff

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After doing some more browsing tonight I'm still struggling with what I want for accent chairs. I feel like I have two options: really minimal or more lounge like. I can't decide which I prefer
Knoll-%C2%AE-Spark-Lounge-Chair.jpg
Nelson+%E2%84%A2++Swag+Leg+Rectangular+Dining+Set.jpg
Versus
Delano+Chair.jpg
1.jpg
I can't decide which route to go
ffffuuuu.gif
Originally Posted by SField
Stazy, I like the couch choice very much.
Thanks
Originally Posted by gamelan
in a similar situation...
Start your own thread
wink.gif
JK I don't know how I feel about blu dot. I want to like their stuff but a lot of it just seems a tad off to me. I definitely agree that accessories play a big role in the finished product. Moma and yoox have some interesting pieces in this regard.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Icarus

Reaction score
Peter lik is horrible, lucky for you his stuff really hit rock bottom. "pieces" priced at 17-20k are selling for 2-3k now.

Get some Louis XVI repro furniture and wall panels.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay update on things I've bought: Bed and side tables:
Worth-Bed.jpg
Red center piece for dining room table:
40281.101AF8E6.jpg
Chandelier going over dining room table:
Normann-Copenhagen-Norm-69-Lamp.jpg
Record player for living room:
amadeus.jpg
I've also bought the aforementioned calligaris cabinet, the nebula coffee table, and a dining room set of which I don't have any pictures. Still have a long ways to go but I like the way things are starting to look. This would be a million times easier if I were in say, NYC, where I could get everything in one day rather than over a period of several months because I live in Edmonton. Still need a dresser for my bedroom and am thinking of something along these lines:
austin_cred_loak.jpg

not_a_virus.exe

Reaction score
got any pics of your current living space? lots of nice pieces you have bought!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a) where to kop centerpiece? nvm-found the website in image url
b) are you going to put anything in the bowl or just have it there as is?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
a) where to kop centerpiece? nvm-found the website in image url b) are you going to put anything in the bowl or just have it there as is?
a) Large mediterraneo fruit bowl by emma silvestris for alessi - lots of online retailers have it. b) Probably not
Originally Posted by Jodum5
It looks like allessi
Winner.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads