• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great show - I am really enjoying it so far!!

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I'm enjoying it a lot but I wonder where they expect to take this 3-4 seasons on.
I bet it would last 4 seasons at most. There are apparently a few story lines in the comics that they can follow. From the pacing of the past 3 episodes, it's only been 3-5 days since he has been in Atlanta, so this could certainly last a while.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm enjoying it a lot but I wonder where they expect to take this 3-4 seasons on.

There's 78 issues of still going comic and they might make it to issue six or seven by the end of this season, so there is certainly enough source material to work with.

Jackpot777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
If you read what I wrote, it's pretty obvious what I said. Did you miss the part recently where Piobaire said he was going to walk around like a minstrel during/after the zombie apocalypse? I believe it happened in trans-mod.

It's a meme / trope called Genre Blindness. People in zombie movies don't know about zombies (a bite can kill, people that die of non-head-related means come back as an undead, and so on). They never consider how to actually survive World War Z (sure, loot the stores for food. But all that food came from a warehouse. Why not scope out those places?). They've never seen a zombie film, or read about zombies. They always seem to lose track of what day it is after a period of time (so nobody in the Zombie Apocalypse, even the undead that get killed by the protagonists, were wearing a digital watch). And they never learn from their mistakes (example: don't stand in the doorway of a newly-discovered building, with your back to the building, when it's dark, and say "you know, I think we're going to be just fine...")

It's the same thing that makes pretty college girls mess around in showers, or go for walks with Billy in the woods at night, when there's a masked homocidal maniac on the loose. They're the epitome of the genre, but they don't know it because they're in the thick of it.

Genre Blindness.

Jackpot777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
There's 78 issues of still going comic and they might make it to issue six or seven by the end of this season, so there is certainly enough source material to work with.

In the comic, they're 14 months after Z-Day. In that time...

*************** SPOILER ALERT ***************

This is just a filler sentence, so I don't spoil anything for anyone. Lori dies. Her baby girl dies. Shane dies, and Rick goes back and rekills him. They hold up in a prison, where most of the group and an attacking group from a nearby town dies. They travel to Virginia, which is where they are now. Glenn's still alive, and with a new woman. Andrea is one hell of a natural sniper. And Rick's son Carl ...wow. There's a whole new comic spin-off for THAT character if he survives into adulthood. This is just an ending sentence, so I don't spoil anything for anyone.

*************** SPOILER ENDS ***************

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've already radically changed the group/characters in the comic (please tell me T-Dawg isn't Tyrese...), so I think you'll only see the basic outline of the comic, and some of the more shocking (see above spoiler) things won't go down.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that spoiler alert wasn't enough of an alert.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I accidentally read some of the spoiler but luckily I don't know any of the characters' names, except for Jack. I've heard next season will have 13 episodes. Really liking it so far but that's my usual response to zombie movies.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
I accidentally read some of the spoiler but luckily I don't know any of the characters' names, except for Jack. I've heard next season will have 13 episodes. Really liking it so far but that's my usual response to zombie movies.

The TV show seems to be pretty divergent from the comic, so I wouldn't worry too much about spoilers.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
The TV show seems to be pretty divergent from the comic, so I wouldn't worry too much about spoilers.

I don't really think that's true. I think the tv show is filling in more details to enrich the story but I'm not sure it's really deviating from the main plot lines.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's hilarious that Mad Men doesn't get ripped into like this show.

That show sucks balls as well. I let the lame MC'ers rave about some fantasy life they wish they had.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads