• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levi's Workwear by Filson - Now @ www.levis.com

astralazia

Reaction score
It's not available on Levi's website anymore but you can still pick it up from Filson's website. I believe it ships 9/20.

astralazia

Reaction score
Nevermind, just checked and ship date is 10/14 now. I have a size L that I picked up from the Levi's Store but waiting to get the M from Filson to see if it fits a little better. What's weird is I don't think any of the Levi's Stores in NY even carried the M.

jessethehairdresser

Reaction score
Yeah they fit nice n snug. The L is a M . I just received my XL (L) that was backordered a month ago at Filson.com. and i am very happy with it. The only thing is , im not sure about how the moleskin collar and cuffs are going to hold up over time . Filson's tin cloth is extremely durable. I also have a Tin Cruiser. Also, check out the filson trucker jacket without the liner . it's cool.

subdivide

Reaction score
Here's some strange info from Filson:

Thank you your e-mail. The measurement on item # 10502 the Oil Finish Trucker jacket from armpit to armpit on the large is 26" and the X Large is 27.5".

If you have other questions or concerns regarding this please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for choosing Filson. Have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Paul
Filson Customer Service
1-800-624-0201
[email protected]

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
cherry-picking negative examples doesn't prove ****, lots of garbage is made everywhere where anything is manufactured. i have a coat that was made in canada and shirts that were made in the US that are way worse quality than some of my made in china items. you're correct in stating that manufacturing in china is directly related to saving costs, but that doesn't mean everything that comes out of there is low quality; in fact, many companies use chinese manufacturing to deliver a higher quality product for mid-to-low quality costs.

very interesting. I've always assumed that made in china is synonymous with low quality. However, In recent experience I've been questioning this as well because of many high end purchases of mine having the label with "made in china" on it. This usually makes me shudder. When you put it that way it makes sense.

Wouldn't there be a large difference in quality though between something made in Italy vs China? I'd expect much more professionalism from the former.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bumping this: Anybody have a line on an XL tin cloth Trucker Jacket? None of the stores have them and none have popped up on eBay. Seems like they made 10 of these things and that was it!

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any coupon codes for Levis??? Please let me know!

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Bumping this: Anybody have a line on an XL tin cloth Trucker Jacket? None of the stores have them and none have popped up on eBay. Seems like they made 10 of these things and that was it!

They're on filson.com shipping 11/11.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
Wouldn't there be a large difference in quality though between something made in Italy vs China? I'd expect much more professionalism from the former.

Same ********, different countries. Supposedly better wages hence better quality

URALLMORONS

Reaction score
11/11 is now 11/19. My order for a XL is being bumped back to the 19th an that isnt even guaranteed.

frown.gif

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
11/11 is now 11/19. My order for a XL is being bumped back to the 19th an that isnt even guaranteed.

frown.gif

XL's were all shipped out, if you haven't received a notice give them a call.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
XL's were all shipped out, if you haven't received a notice give them a call.
They're out of stock now. Re stock doesn't come in until December 18.

saer

Reaction score
Heads up for anyone still looking for this, Levi's store in thousand oaks has 1 more XL in stock as of 3/1/11

Also if anyone has a M they would like to trade for an L, pm me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads