• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review

sockpuppets

Reaction score
Originally Posted by handsometigers
Do you know a place to get Sno seal and Obenauf for a good price online? Amazon seems to be the only place.

There's a guy on ebay that sells obenaufs for cheap.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know a place to get Sno seal and Obenauf for a good price online? Amazon seems to be the only place.

cabela's

alexspecs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
There's a guy on ebay that sells obenaufs for cheap.

I think I purchased from the same dude. Seems to be the only obenauf's stuff listed. Got mine and nothing wrong with it. Solid.

carl_muffin

Reaction score
Picking up my Wolverine 721's today from Derby, UK can't wait to get them on my feet!! Is snoseal easy to get hold of in the UK??

Will post pictures shortly!!

Loving the thread as well
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by carl_muffin
Picking up my Wolverine 721's today from Derby, UK can't wait to get them on my feet!! Is snoseal easy to get hold of in the UK??

Will post pictures shortly!!

Loving the thread as well
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sounds great! Can't wait to see the pics and read about your first impressions. I have no clue where you get Sno seal or Obenauf LP across the pond.

kboy

Reaction score
Only place i've found sno-seal in the uk is tiso

http://www.tiso.com/shop/atsko/sno_seal_wax/

And speaking of sno-seal. Just got my 1k boots and need to treat them for the first time. This will be with rainy uk weather in mind so got me some sno-seal. Is it a bad idea to use that for the first treatment or should I get some boot oil or similar for the first round?

natw

Reaction score
What about applying sno-seal to the sole? I always hear about how you shouldn't wear leather soled shoes in the wet because of how the soles will soak up water. Would some sno-seal help with that?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by natw
What about applying sno-seal to the sole? I always hear about how you shouldn't wear leather soled shoes in the wet because of how the soles will soak up water. Would some sno-seal help with that?

Don't go there.

Would you apply sno-seal and obenauf or is it just one or the other?

Use either Snoseal or Obenauf LP. No need to use both.

Originally Posted by kboy
Only place i've found sno-seal in the uk is tiso

http://www.tiso.com/shop/atsko/sno_seal_wax/

And speaking of sno-seal. Just got my 1k boots and need to treat them for the first time. This will be with rainy uk weather in mind so got me some sno-seal. Is it a bad idea to use that for the first treatment or should I get some boot oil or similar for the first round?

I use both. First I use a good boot oil and then a few days later I Snoseal them. That way I know the leather is adequately nourished and water proofed.

captainfunk

Reaction score
In regard to the smooth leather sole, when those wear down— couldn't you get these resoled with a lug sole?

edit: also, this thread is the most legitimate thing I've read on SF in a long time.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't let your customers see your fancy boots, they'll probably think you're ripping them off!

kboy

Reaction score
I tried a redwing gentleman traveller that fitted me and it was a uk7.5, got the wolverine 1k in uk8, fits good too

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My thanks go out to Cranes for his review of these boots. I just received a pair from my wife today for my birthday, and are my first pair of shell cordovan shoes/boots. I'm traditionally not a fan, at all, of shell, but these, being a surprise from my wife, are definitely an exception. I am definitely happy with the quality, especially considering that I had my heart set on a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers over 1000 Miles beforehand. My feelings before were my observations of the difference in leather quality and the overall construction, but these special editions have channeled soles, which to my recollection are not present on the regular 1000 Miles.

These boots were worn all day and felt like I've had them for five years!

My wife especially enjoyed the dichotomy of Crane's masculine, utilitarian review and the other reviews which she called out as effeminate nit-pickers.
laugh.gif

kitonotik

Reaction score
Im about to pull the trigger on these boots, but the pair that I am looking at seems to be opaque at best and doesnt luster as nicely as the boots you have here. Saw them at the Allen Edmonds store and while the floor sample lusters beautifully, the models in the boxes seem to be dull. If I do buy these boots, what are the recommended steps to get luster out of the leather?

Apologies if this has been discussed answered already.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads