• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Top 5: TV Shows That Were Cancelled Too Early

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
I've never seen a single episode from any of these shows.
confused.gif

Not suprised. Deadwood I'd recommend to everyone, but most of them are pretty special niche shows and probably just weren't appealing to wide audiences. Some of them are available on hulu for free though.

A lot of them had potential to go interesting place but never quite made it. Something like John Doe was an interesting concept and never had the mystery behind it revealed, although from what I've read that's probably a good thing.

Some of them like American Gothic, Earth 2, and Werewolf were in no way masterpieces, but shows I enjoyed as a kid and would have liked to have seen more of them at the time. Not sure I'd be as excited about them now.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Deadwood, Freaks and Geeks and Police Squad! are the only ones that come to mind. A lot of the ones mentioned (Twin Peaks?) were good shows but had really run their course by the time they ended.

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quark
The Associates
Buffalo Bill
Ellery Queen
The David Letterman Show

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Castle's alright, but in the same way Bones is alright. They can be fun to watch, but you keep remembering the better shows the lead actors were in.
baldy[1].gif
Edit: Yes, I am a Joss Whedon fanboy.

I should have been clearer. My facepalm was pretty much due to the reason you just provided not because I don't like Castle or anything.
laugh.gif
And it's funny you mention Bones because it's one of my favorite shows on television right now. Never seen an ep of Castle though..

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually enjoy Castle a lot. It's one of the very few shows my gf and I watch live; probably because we're generally sitting around at home on the couch at 10pm on a Monday night...

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I should have been clearer. My facepalm was pretty much due to the reason you just provided not because I don't like Castle or anything.
laugh.gif

And it's funny you mention Bones because it's one of my favorite shows on television right now. Never seen an ep of Castle though..

I like Bones, but it weirded me out to see David Boreanaz walk around in daylight all the time when it first started.
laugh.gif

Castle is good too. One of the few shows that actually pulls off sexual tension between the main characters. If Nathan Fillion does not break into film soon there is no justice in the world. He's such a great lead.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, I got another show to add! The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian. EDIT: Make that two. ANGEL. Whedon was planning on ending it the 6th season anyways and the network decided to cancel it during the 5th. The only saving grace was they let him finish the season and gave him time to write a true final. I always felt like the last episode was brilliant and tone perfect to the show, but there were way too many plot threads that didn't get tied up. That and the fate of Wesley made me
frown.gif
Wesley was such a total bad ass.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

aizan

Reaction score
my so-called life
twin peaks
berserk
fawlty towers
fox force five

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JMRouse, I like Joss Whedon as much as the next guy but there comes a point when people give him too much praise. Buffy, for example, I felt ran a little too long. Angel, like you said, was cut too short. I'd say Dollhouse was somewhere in-between -- given the circumstances, I think it ended pretty well. And as an aside, I was a big fan of his run on Astonishing X-Men.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still not sure exactly what happened over the last couple of episodes of Deadwood.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I guess I would like to have had more Twilight Zones and more Star Treks, but by the time they were cancelled they were pretty tired, so maybe it was for the best.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Battlestar Galactica TOS
Keen Eddie

normally I disagree with you just as a matter of principle, but big +1 on the Keen Eddie.

Also:

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (far-fetched, but stupid fun Friday evening TV)
The Pretender (although it never seemed to actually GO anywhere - Ms. Parker was the shiznit)

hmmm, this is harder than I thought. Perhaps I should actually watch this 'TV' thing once in a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics