• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

hst

Reaction score
I received mine in Singapore only after about 10 days wait. My complaint is the socks are a little too thin, and we need patterned socks!

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JDMills
I ordered several pairs on the 16th of October and didn't get an email that they've shipped and when I email Viccel I don't get an answer, is this normal?

Maybe nowadays answers can be little late coz of new web design and new products. I dont leave any mail without answer.
Could you check your spam folder ? or please send me pm to check your status of order.

Originally Posted by viator
I bought two pairs of the black wool/silk blend and I have to say I have not been pleased. Two of the socks developed holes in the heels after only a few wears, and the color drained out of them after 1-2 washes. They are a greenish color now.

Sorry for the socks, actually its not common , is it possible to contact us ?

Originally Posted by HarleyBob
My suggestion would be to increase the price of the socks or increase the shipping fees and figure out a way to ship quicker. People are not used to waiting so long for a RTW item. These are not custom goods. I believe the long waits will cause more frustration and loss of customers than a price increase would.

We thought about express courier but they give really high prices.
Maybe instead of increasing all prices we can add it as express shipping option.
But we are always open to any request if someone want to receive faster we can offer too.
as an example 25 euro for 500 gr to europe and it must be at least 35 euro to USA.
aprox 8 prs socks weight 500 gr.

Another idea, I have phone number of my postman, I m calling him to learn if there is a pack for me.
if answer is yes before coming factory I take my pack from post office, packs can wait more than weeks at the post office
happy.gif

Another New Yorker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
Maybe nowadays answers can be little late coz of new web design and new products. I dont leave any mail without answer.
Could you check your spam folder ? or please send me pm to check your status of order.

Sorry for the socks, actually its not common , is it possible to contact us ?

We thought about express courier but they give really high prices.
Maybe instead of increasing all prices we can add it as express shipping option.
But we are always open to any request if someone want to receive faster we can offer too.
as an example 25 euro for 500 gr to europe and it must be at least 35 euro to USA.
aprox 8 prs socks weight 500 gr.

Another idea, I have phone number of my postman, I m calling him to learn if there is a pack for me.
if answer is yes before coming factory I take my pack from post office, packs can wait more than weeks at the post office
happy.gif

So is there any chanec at some night pastel argyles?

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Another New Yorker
So is there any chanec at some night pastel argyles?
sorry but for now herringbone as 100% merino wool and striped as 100% mercerized cotton

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it is not normal. Usually he responds quickly. I love their socks, but they have a problem with shipping. I have received three orders and they all take 4 to 6 weeks. It isn't customs that is holding them up. The shipping method is simply too slow. I originally thought that they took an inordinate amount of time to process the order and prepare it for shipping. I have been told that this is not the case, but rather it is simply shipping time. My suggestion would be to increase the price of the socks or increase the shipping fees and figure out a way to ship quicker. People are not used to waiting so long for a RTW item. These are not custom goods. I believe the long waits will cause more frustration and loss of customers than a price increase would.
I would disagree with increasing price of all socks. Orders usually arrive in Australia in two weeks or so. Free shipping. No one has ever died waiting on a few pairs of socks. Maybe in USA but not here. Long experience tells me USA mail and customs are some of the the slowest in the world. Keep up good work kemal

C&A

Reaction score
when will you start selling the 100% wool socks via the webshop?

rjt65

Reaction score
gotta disagree ---- customs is the worst piece of this shipping issue. get a note when shipped, had 2 orders with Kemal. 1st took like 6 weeks held up in customs over 4 that is right 4 weeks on socks (weapons of mass destruction hahaha) 2nd order shipped, passed thru customs in days...... so set expectations on possible long wait, if you recieve sooner be happy. Worth the wait.....IMO
No it is not normal. Usually he responds quickly. I love their socks, but they have a problem with shipping. I have received three orders and they all take 4 to 6 weeks. It isn't customs that is holding them up. The shipping method is simply too slow. I originally thought that they took an inordinate amount of time to process the order and prepare it for shipping. I have been told that this is not the case, but rather it is simply shipping time. My suggestion would be to increase the price of the socks or increase the shipping fees and figure out a way to ship quicker. People are not used to waiting so long for a RTW item. These are not custom goods. I believe the long waits will cause more frustration and loss of customers than a price increase would.

ned kelly

Reaction score
Are the prices on the Viccel website U S dollars or Euros or some other currency?

HarleyBob

Reaction score
fxh;3770570 said:
I would disagree with increasing price of all socks.

No one has ever died waiting on a few pairs of socks. Maybe in USA but not here.

Great response, and you sir are absolutely correct. Thanks for putting it in proper perspective. I will try to be more patient.

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt
prices are as US Dollar.

Hey!

I just joined SF but I've been lurking around occationally for a few months now. I've been testing the waters of the "corporate world" since 18 but now that I graduated, got a good job, and moved to the city, I'm ready to fully dive it.

I HATE having crappy socks that fall down constantly so I'm very interested in this Viccel brand. Is the price shown, per pair? $8.00 a pair seems like a lot to pay considering I basically would like to restock my entire wardrobe over the next few months (suits, belts, ties, etc.). Is this would I should expect to pay for decent, quality socks that will stay up (OTC)?

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cartisdm
Hey!

I just joined SF but I've been lurking around occationally for a few months now. I've been testing the waters of the "corporate world" since 18 but now that I graduated, got a good job, and moved to the city, I'm ready to fully dive it.

I HATE having crappy socks that fall down constantly so I'm very interested in this Viccel brand. Is the price shown, per pair? $8.00 a pair seems like a lot to pay considering I basically would like to restock my entire wardrobe over the next few months (suits, belts, ties, etc.). Is this would I should expect to pay for decent, quality socks that will stay up (OTC)?

It is per pair, and the OTC are actually $11.11 (summer weight) a pair... and that my friend is a bargain. Just bought 3 new pairs the other day.

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
It is per pair, and the OTC are actually $11.11 (summer weight) a pair... and that my friend is a bargain. Just bought 3 new pairs the other day.

Ugh...I guess I should have known. Building a wardrobe is very expensive so I might as well realize it now and suck it up.

Someone know a good thread for me to start me off in the right direction? Right now a have a decent suit from Express, a pair of Steve Madden dress shoes, various pants ranging from Kohls to Express, and about the same for button down shirts.

I have what I need to get me by at my work for every day wear, but I'd like to step up my daily attire so I don't wear this stuff into the ground.

Hotchpotch

Reaction score
Is it the cotton or wool-silk socks that are the shiniest after washing?

I'd like to order some more of the shiny ones. I bought one pair of each, and while the shiny ones are holding up after multiple wears, the dull ones (shrunk ever so slightly after washing - wool/silk?) got a hole in the first time I wore them. I sewed up the hole as they were expensive, only for the other sock to wear through on the very next wearing. The shiny ones are excellent quality for the price, however.

KemalOnyurt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
If you click on the link in my signature you will get 20% discount and price will be 8.89usd for summer OTC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads