• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sonicreducer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

In terms of the waist, you can probably get that taken in by any decent tailor in your neighborhood. It's a cotton trouser, so it's an easy alteration to do. Personally, I get all my work done at Stanton Tailor (Stanton btw Orchard and Ludlow), but most places should be able to do a good job with that.

i'll go ahead and second the folks at stanton tailors. they've done some pretty incredible work for me in the past, and the price is definitely right. only downside is that you may have to wait a short while, but it's definitely worth it in my humble opinion.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThomSquared
Damn, after that picture I am totally reconsidering that Black Tartan Flannel on payday.
frown.gif
Thanks for posting it Stanley.

You shouldn't reconsider. It is still fantastic, and the fabric is unbelievably soft. I actually think it looks better in real life and that the colors all mesh together really well. You do sort of have to see it in person to really know though.

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
Stopped by the new store on Orchard St. and finally picked up the british khaki rivet chinos after punking out on Mike and Adele during the Pop-Up. Great chinos, great shop, great service, will do business again.
thumbs-up.gif

FYI: I'm between a size 30 and 31, and I went with a 30 in the rivet chinos.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the shop on Orchard was a Pop-Up, but it's permanent?

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FiveFiveFive
Yeah, the Pop-Up was in the Reed Space Annex on Orchard St. in October, but they have a permanent shop now on Orchard, across from the Annex.

Random note: Before Epaulet, the space was occupied by an S&M store called Demask.

Good karma!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Stopped by the new store on Orchard St. and finally picked up the british khaki rivet chinos after punking out on Mike and Adele during the Pop-Up. Great chinos, great shop, great service, will do business again.
thumbs-up.gif

FYI: I'm between a size 30 and 31, and I went with a 30 in the rivet chinos.

Thanks man - glad that we found the right size for you!

Originally Posted by hboogz
I thought the shop on Orchard was a Pop-Up, but it's permanent?

Yup, we're open permanently at 144 Orchard Street, six days a week. What 'chu know about a 10 year lease!

Random note: Before Epaulet, the space was occupied by an S&M store called Demask.

Every week we get a handful of people who are looking for the former shop (Demask). I had a totally furious woman come by last Thursday. She opens the door and says "Is this Demask!?!"

"No" I reply - wondering how in the hell this isn't obvious. The former place was painted red and black and had vinyl all over. I've got Aldens and Women's clog boots in the window.

"Well," she demands, "where can I find stuff like that?"

What the hell? How would I know? Do I have a vinyl unitard under my tweed pants?

racknac

Reaction score
Mike,

Can you hold some items for me until Dec 1? I promise I will buy them. I made a vow not to buy any more clothing items for the month of November...

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpounds
Just received my Rivet Chinos from Epaulet! These pants are like nothing I've ever worn. The fit is exactly what I was hoping for as well.

Here are some fit pics. The guy in the green is my roommate who is about and inch taller and 15 pounds lighter than I. Same pants (33) on both of us.
Great job on these, Mike!

photo_1.JPG
photo_4.JPG

photo_2.JPG
photo_3.JPG

photo_5.JPG

what color is that on the website also fit look spot on.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i forgot to ask mike are you going to get x small in stock again for this jacket --> Vanson for Epaulet Waxed Triton Jacket Olive: $425. have my first purchase from epaulet made the rivet chinos depending on how they fit i might have sized them wrong most hoping to buy more
smile.gif

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

Yup, we're open permanently at 144 Orchard Street, six days a week. What 'chu know about a 10 year lease!

That's what's really good bro.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonicreducer
i'll go ahead and second the folks at stanton tailors. they've done some pretty incredible work for me in the past, and the price is definitely right. only downside is that you may have to wait a short while, but it's definitely worth it in my humble opinion.

thanks to you and Michael for the Stanton recco. Also, I should have clarified that I have olive ripshop riveted model, which came with a chainstitched hem. For that fabric the chainstich allows a nicer drape around Chelsea boots, which is what I wear to work about 80 pct of the time.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Something for our NYC-area peeps - stop by if you're free tonight!

EPAULET IN MANHATTAN STORE OPENING & STAPLE CHINO EVENT

This evening (11/18), we've got two good reasons to celebrate:

1. We opened up a BRAND NEW STORE! Come check it out if you haven't yet.

2. EP's by Epaulet & Staple Design will introduce their first product collaboration. Working with the slim-fit EP's Rivet Chino shape, Staple Design tweaked the details to make it their own.

5182742708_eec2d48958_o.jpg

Each piece is made in the United States with an awesome double-faced brushed cotton twill from Japan. Two colorways (Grey/Purple and Olive/Taupe) will be available for purchase at Epaulet on Orchard during the night of the event.

And as always, there's free beer, friendly folks, and good times! We hope to see you there! The party will run from 7 to 9:30PM. Epaulet on Orchard is located at 144 Orchard Street, between Stanton & Rivington. It's a quick walk from the "F" train stations at 2nd Avenue or Delancey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads