• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I think doing MC is easier than SW+D, by far.

MC criterion:
-good fit of all the components? check

I don't think you wear many suits nor bother to read MC all that often if you think this element is in any way basic, easy, clear, or otherwise.

You're looking at it as if they have three items to wear while we're allowed the full spectrum of bells and whistles. In fact, criticism is much more stringent because of how limited their resources are. Sleeve pitch, jacket length, two roll three, button stance, etc. are terms that don't exist in a SW&D vocabulary and yet all those criteria are used every single time in MC.

SW&D does have more options for failure but also much more room for success. As there's no formal background, no rule book, people's tastes wildly vary. Think of how many subgenres have been throw into use over the past several years in SW&D; in MC, there's what, Trad and Mod?

The biggest mistake MC makes in doing SW&D is approaching it from an MC (conservative) point of view. It's like learning a foreign language where instead of immersing yourself into it, you go through a dictionary translating each word until you form a sentence; typically, what comes out of it would make any native speaker point and laugh.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I don't think you wear many suits nor bother to read MC all that often if you think this element is in any way basic, easy, clear, or otherwise.

You're looking at it as if they have three items to wear while we're allowed the full spectrum of bells and whistles. In fact, criticism is much more stringent because of how limited their resources are. Sleeve pitch, jacket length, two roll three, button stance, etc. are terms that don't exist in a SW&D vocabulary and yet all those criteria are used every single time in MC.

SW&D does have more options for failure but also much more room for success. As there's no formal background, no rule book, people's tastes wildly vary. Think of how many subgenres have been throw into use over the past several years in SW&D; in MC, there's what, Trad and Mod?

The biggest mistake MC makes in doing SW&D is approaching it from an MC (conservative) point of view. It's like learning a foreign language where instead of immersing yourself into it, you go through a dictionary translating each word until you form a sentence; typically, what comes out of it would make any native speaker point and laugh.

Oi, you crazy goat. You do to make me laugh haha.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Imma be in NYC this thanksgiving. hollar

I'm throwing the only potluck in NYC that will be playing gucci mane all day long. STUPID WILD.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
I'm throwing the only potluck in NYC that will be playing gucci mane all day long. STUPID WILD.

HOMIE THAT'S MY STYLE

in other news. what's the brand of glasses labelking wears again? i saw a guy wearing a pair

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
Fuji and the pocket squares
lol8[1].gif

also, weren't you only 16 last year? what were you wearing suits for?

I was one of those awkward boys you see in MC asking if they can wear a suit to high school, its pretty shameful.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
Can one have too many black pants?

There is no such thing as too many clothes, just too small closets.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People have been stealing my usernames for years. It happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads