• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of these cufflinks?

The Gooch

Reaction score
You can get those on Canal Street for $20. 925 sterling silver, too.

brokentelephone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slickman
What do you think of these cufflinks?

I like them. That being said, for $300 you could buy 5 pairs of very cool quality vintage cufflinks on ebay. Sure, they might require some polishing and might be less substantial, but you will get more interesting pieces.

Look up what you could get for the same amount of cash on ebay. I bought a pair of vintage Georg Jensen cufflinks on ebay for around 250 the other day and they are truly magnificent (and would probably be in the 600$ range if new).

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brokentelephone
I like them. That being said, for $300 you could buy 5 pairs of very cool quality vintage cufflinks on ebay. Sure, they might require some polishing and might be less substantial, but you will get more interesting pieces.

Look up what you could get for the same amount of cash on ebay. I bought a pair of vintage Georg Jensen cufflinks on ebay for around 250 the other day and they are truly magnificent (and would probably be in the 600$ range if new).

They are nice and understated how cufflinks should be. They would be cooler if they were $600 though.
devil.gif

Wayward

Reaction score
If you have to ask, you probably aren't sure of them. If you're not sure of them, why would you pay $300? On the other hand, if you were sure of them and was willing to pay $300 anyway, why would you ask?

brokentelephone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
They are nice and understated how cufflinks should be. They would be cooler if they were $600 though.
devil.gif

Agree! Money is power yo!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They sux for that price!

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they good cuff links? Yes. Are they worth $300? Depends on what you consider expensive and how much you like them. In this regard, I'm a fan of Mafoofan's philosophy -- i.e. buy a handful of flexible items of exceptional quality that you truly like, rather than a large collection of things that are good but not great. And I say this as someone who has over 80 cuff links, most of which are mediocre -- and I pretty much only wear my Tiffany's Barbell and Starfish cuff links 99% of the time. Ditto with ties -- own several hundred, but my favorites are a handful, and those are all the good ones that were worth the money.

Slickman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I want simple silver bar cufflinks, but don't think they are worth 300, tried finding similar beveled ones on ebay, but haven't been able too, anyone know of any makers that match.

brokentelephone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slickman
I'm sure I want simple silver bar cufflinks, but don't think they are worth 300, tried finding similar beveled ones on ebay, but haven't been able too, anyone know of any makers that match.

Links of London ? Usually the same schlock as Tiffanys for 30% less.

johnvw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wayward
If you have to ask, you probably aren't sure of them. If you're not sure of them, why would you pay $300? On the other hand, if you were sure of them and was willing to pay $300 anyway, why would you ask?

Good points. Not meaning to be negative, but, if I may add my $0.02, in addition to some much less expensive cufflinks that I have seen, I think silk knots would be preferable to these.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They must be well-made and they do look good but and there is a but, the price tag is making the purchase difficult to swallow...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics