• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

tanyet

Reaction score
Thanks for posting halfspec. How do you like the armholes? Do you have a pic with your arms raised a little higher? I'm thinking about getting a blazer from IC and the armholes are my main issue.

dwightlathan77

Reaction score
Users have had questions about the suit measurement process. They will modify the first suit's measurements to fit most people of the given height and weight who have several key measurements and possibly alter or ignore others. The idea being that send you a suit with known dimensions as a starting point rather than trust measurements that may be wrong is better most of the time.

They will pay up to $75 for alterations or will remake the suit using the recommended alterations you send to them. After that, if further alterations are not requested they assume all the measurements they have are verified and use them. So, the answer is that they make the suit to fit their measurements and not necessarily yours.

Some people have asked about options like functional sleeve buttons. They don't offer this for first time suit purchases because the sleeves cannot be easily altered. Once the sleeve's length is known to be good they will give any suit functional buttons, or the remake of the first if the sleeves length where correct. From what I hear you can ask for options that aren't listed as well.

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphael__n
Wearing fitted clothing isn't a trend. After the 60's, everyone became substantially lazier and started dressing poorly.

Actually, in the 70s, fashion-conscious men went from wearing well-cut suits to wearing skin-tight suits. Know your history
teacha.gif

dwightlathan77

Reaction score
Not bad.

I like seeing some linen at the wrist, so you may think about having as much as an inch taken off the arms to show 1/4 to 1/2 inch of your shirt cuff.
A tailor could also pull in the back and suppress the waist from the back, since it wouldn't be more than 1 or 2 inches, but suppressing the chest from the side would be better.
If you'll wear the suit to interviews, meetings or more formal events you should consider a traditional leg length maybe 2 inches longer in back and 1 inch longer in front. If not lengthening them by 1/2 inch to 1 inch would be sufficient to hide your socks when in a stride.

Thats all my eye can recommend.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwightlathan77
I believe all their suits are fully canvassed using stitched canvass in some places and fusing it in others

If it uses fusing, then it's not "fully canvassed". The word 'canvassed' implies it being pad-stitched, not fused. If part of it is fused, then it's only half-canvassed at best.

MrInvariant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
If it uses fusing, then it's not "fully canvassed". The word 'canvassed' implies it being pad-stitched, not fused. If part of it is fused, then it's only half-canvassed at best.

Here is a relevant quote from Angie:
Originally Posted by Angie @ Indochino
Yes, our suits are fully canvased.

Our suits are not 100% sewn and do have some fusing. Our canvasing is fused to our interlining and the interlining is sewn to the suit fabric.

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrInvariant
Here is a relevant quote from Angie:

It should be clear these suits are NOT truly fully-canvassed. There is definitely not a free floating layer. Also, if you ever get the suit wet, the fusing tape will show right through

LorenzL

Reaction score
we had this discussion like 30 pages ago already - by term it is not "fully canvassed", some parts are glued. indochino calls it fully canvassed, because there is canvas everywhere (now also in the lapels). anyways, didn't have problems with it so far, but I don't believe it will last for ages either!

LorenzL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HanSoo417
Anyone else jumping on this? $75 off seems like a good deal but I don't know what kind of coupons are out there or what kind of sales they have.

you can check the coupon page on my blog, currently there is a working 20% coupon and a new one (mycouponswinter, 10% off, 2 free shirts).

style_man

Reaction score
looks like all their new products feature a model sporting a solid gold Rolex Daytona. A flashy watch like that really doesn't work with most of their new suits.

krish88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by icepick
And unfortunately, it can NOT be combined with any other coupon codes.

IMO it's a better deal for anything <$250, so like shirts, pants, vests, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads