• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does this dress shirt fit?

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
Trying to find my best fitting shirt so I can take measurements to send to a MTM company. The pink shirt is a luxury BB extra slim fit. The other shirt is a Banana Republic dress shirts, slim fit.

If it is possible, I would love it if you could critique the fit of both shirts so that I can learn about shirt fit and what's right/wrong. If the pictures provided are insufficient, please let me know so that I can take more pics.

Thanks

DSC04164.jpg

DSC04160.jpg

DSC04137.jpg

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: this is purely my opinion. Be warned, I like my shirts to fit snugly.

Pink shirt is not bad at all. What I would change is the following:

1. slim down the waist and hips
2. narrow the shoulders a tiny amount
3. slim down the biceps and forearm measurement
4. make the collar points longer

The fit of the green shirt is hard to figure out from the photo. It seems that it fits pretty good. I won't risk criticizing without better lit photos. One thing I'd definitely change is the collar. Way too small for your build.

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
Why would you want to call them? They make fun of people trying to get help and post smart ass comments which hurt people's feelings.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats what you get for posting fit pics in your green boxer shorts!

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
What kind of watch do you plan to wear with these?

The elephants of StyleForum never forget.

Made in California

Reaction score
What kind of watch do you plan to wear with these?
I saw this thread and thought, "I have to make a watch comment," but four posts in and someone beat me to the punch. SF is working properly.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
so wha, they run out of pants?

shirts fit pretty well. I agree with Acecow's comments. I'll also note that the way the second button pulls open like that when the collar is undone tells me taht you have a rather deep/thick chest so you may need a little more room there or above like in the back yolk. Ie make the back shoulder width more then the front just slightly.

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor
Why would you want to call them? They make fun of people trying to get help and post smart ass comments which hurt people's feelings.
I don't think Vox hurts people's feelings because his comments are too random and draw on such obscure material that they rarely carry any weight. I mean, someone made him cry in a Land's End thread.
marchal.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
I don't think Vox hurts people's feelings because his comments are too random and draw on such obscure material that they rarely carry any weight. I mean, someone made him cry in a Land's End thread.
marchal.gif

Lands' End, n00b.
lol8[1].gif

Made in California

Reaction score
Lands' End, n00b.
lol8[1].gif

Oh don't worry, I would never shop there!

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pink shirt is too big. Take advice points given above. Sleeve length might be too long, can't tell from pic. Other shirt (blue/whatever stripe) looks better fitwise. IMHO the #1 problem guys have with shirts is the "blousing" effect where it sort of billows about because it is too big around waist. You have it a bit on the pink one and will definitely look better if waist measurements are smaller which will shrink shirt there.

standard warning... once you have a good fitted shirt you won't want to wear your old ones any more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads