• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One week trip to Japan

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
geezaloo are you guys still at it?

I can go on indefinitely.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen: I think both of your points have been expressed and noted. Let's resume business as normal, pls.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hboogz
Gentlemen: I think both of your points have been expressed and noted. Let's resume business as normal, pls.
laugh.gif
This is pretty normal.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
n561887775_1346050_4114.jpg

n561887775_1346082_783.jpg

10625_127726342775_561887775_2606389_6216268_n.jpg

10625_127757862775_561887775_2606882_469782_n.jpg

10625_127726382775_561887775_2606396_2304328_n.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
p1010406750618x347.jpg

The last hotel for my trip just got booked. 7 nights. Woot.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
now that looks decent, and the view is great.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
p1010406750618x347.jpg
The last hotel for my trip just got booked. 7 nights. Woot.

That looks a hell of a lot roomier than the room i stayed in at Shinju-ku Plaza. Which hotel and where is it? Almost there bro.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
now that looks decent, and the view is great.
They don't have late night Roppongi shuttle service. Deal breaker for you.
Originally Posted by hboogz
That looks a hell of a lot roomier than the room i stayed in at Shinju-ku Plaza. Which hotel and where is it? Almost there bro.
Grand Arc Hanzomon. It's right next to the Imperial Palace and National Theater. Right now, with exchange, taxes and fees, it worked out to $72 a night. ($63 a night + ) Also staying 3 days at New Koyo when I first arrive, and another 3 days at the Chisun Inn Sapporo.
5098205.jpg

wetnose

Reaction score
Got back from my trip and still recovering. Japan is simply....wow. Probably one of my most rewarding trips ever and I've been to over 30+ countries. I'd rate it on par with Italy for the country with most depth: culture, history, architecture, art, food, women (oh yeah! easily the best in asia!), shopping, scenery. I was there for only 2 weeks and I barely scratched the surface.

Already planning my next trip - there's so much I missed out on (fall colors) plus I'm going to go back with a gps next time around. I gotta admit that I went in there cold and didn't do enough planning - probably wasted about 2 days mucking about as a result. Oh well....I enjoyed myself anyways.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm going in a couple weeks, I think, but I am just hitting my usual spots, Tokyo seems kinda dead to me the past few years. Mainly going to pig out, maybe buy a few things.

I think I'm gonna try to score reservations at
-Robuchon
-L'Osier
-one of the Sukiyabashi Jiros if possible, Mizutani same, Kyubei if those fail
-I might go to Gagnaire
-A few smaller places my girlfriend's friends run in Azabu that I want to try
-Gonna go on a burger quest otherwise
-craving some Chuuka Chinese, since our Chinese food here is very different.
-might go out to the country one day and hit up one of those secret gourmet places, wouldn't mind going down to Enoshima or something, I went to Kamakura last time with Cotton Duck and winq from sufu.

Gonna buy some (like 5 bottles) of whisky and carry those back, and make my girlfriend carry back 5 more in her suitcase as well. Maybe a pair of jeans and some MC-style accessories, pocket squares and ties, maybe a handmade camiccia I wanted to look at, go out to JackRoad's store and look at watches. That'll probably do me for a few days of stuff to do.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
We're going to Japan this coming Spring, and at first I was thinking we'd just stay around Osaka, but after seeing this thread, it's making me reconsider- It's been a few years now since we've been in Tokyo, and it might be fun to go again. Anyone have preferences for either?

I am getting a little bored of Osaka (Kyoto, etc), so maybe going to Tokyo for a change will be good.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Got back from my trip and still recovering. Japan is simply....wow. Probably one of my most rewarding trips ever and I've been to over 30+ countries. I'd rate it on par with Italy for the country with most depth: culture, history, architecture, art, food, women (oh yeah! easily the best in asia!), shopping, scenery. I was there for only 2 weeks and I barely scratched the surface. Already planning my next trip - there's so much I missed out on (fall colors) plus I'm going to go back with a gps next time around. I gotta admit that I went in there cold and didn't do enough planning - probably wasted about 2 days mucking about as a result. Oh well....I enjoyed myself anyways.
Where did you go and stay bro?
I'm going in a couple weeks, I think, but I am just hitting my usual spots, Tokyo seems kinda dead to me the past few years. Mainly going to pig out, maybe buy a few things. I think I'm gonna try to score reservations at -Robuchon -L'Osier -one of the Sukiyabashi Jiros if possible, Mizutani same, Kyubei if those fail -I might go to Gagnaire -A few smaller places my girlfriend's friends run in Azabu that I want to try -Gonna go on a burger quest otherwise -craving some Chuuka Chinese, since our Chinese food here is very different. -might go out to the country one day and hit up one of those secret gourmet places, wouldn't mind going down to Enoshima or something, I went to Kamakura last time with Cotton Duck and winq from sufu. Gonna buy some (like 5 bottles) of whisky and carry those back, and make my girlfriend carry back 5 more in her suitcase as well. Maybe a pair of jeans and some MC-style accessories, pocket squares and ties, maybe a handmade camiccia I wanted to look at, go out to JackRoad's store and look at watches. That'll probably do me for a few days of stuff to do.
That sounds amazing. I truthfully don't know half of the stuff you mentioned doing...I need to Japeducate myself.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm going in a couple weeks

I'll warn everyone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics