• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spoils of Napoli

tutee

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Manton!

the $20 question: What happened at Solito?

or is that or will be in a different thread?

eagerly awaiting your report

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Solito now has a tutee room in which your stuff is stored safely.

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
What is the price of Marinella ties in Napoli? Are they less expensive than they are in US? When you said that Maurizio Marinella helped you pick the ties out does that mean that he helped you pick fabric and then they were made for you or are these just from the RTW collection? Thanks.

-LR

100E.

He was in the shop and he helped me like any sales assistant. I was wearing a suit by his tailor, which he identified instantly.
Originally Posted by bigbucky
U.c.b.d.?

Originally Posted by greger
Manton,

Did you ever get that velvet collared overcoat?

Chickened out and got a self-collar.

Originally Posted by jsqfunk
good looking ties, is Naples as messed up with the garbage and crime as the media would have us believe?
Garbage, yes. Crime, no. At least, not that I noticed.
Originally Posted by apropos
Very nice ties.

I find it oddly comforting that despite our many stated differences on this forum wrt other non-clothing related matters, we have nearly the identical taste in clothing. For some reason I also cannot shake this feeling that were we to meet IRL, we would get along extremely well, though I have probably shot that to hell now by being ungracious to you on many occasions here.

I try not to hold grudges. Against some people (not you) that is impossible (for me). But by and large I try.

Solito DB:

p1030250.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tutee
Manton!

the $20 question: What happened at Solito?

or is that or will be in a different thread?

eagerly awaiting your report

Will have more to say when I find time to write it out.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
100E.

He was in the shop and he helped me like any sales assistant. I was wearing a suit by his tailor, which he identified instantly.

Chickened out and got a self-collar.

Garbage, yes. Crime, no. At least, not that I noticed.

I try not to hold grudges. Against some people (not you) that is impossible (for me). But by and large I try.

Solito DB:

p1030250.jpg

That DB is freaking fantastic.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Like the Solito DB. What's up with the trousers?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
What's up with the trousers?

Spindly legs? Wide stance?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Spindly legs? Wide stance?

All the pleats running down the leg, giving the impression that the trousers are cut far too big for your legs. Perhaps just the stance is throwing things off.

Btw, I thought that the 'rule' was that tall guys shouldn't go for the 6 x 1 config?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
All the pleats running down the leg, giving the impression that the trousers are cut far too big for your legs. Perhaps just the stance is throwing things off.

They are big by Naples standards but narrow by SR standards.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Btw, I thought that the 'rule' was that tall guys shouldn't go for the 6 x 1 config?

Config goes either way with the soft roll. I have been enjoying the long roll lately. Also, I think the button stance on this is a hair high, so it works well fastened at the bottom.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Solito looks freakin' awesome on you, Manton.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wear more colors than grey suits the velvet collar would look nice. And then, gray is not a color, anyway.

The new coat above looks nice, but kinda funny buttoned that way. One side you look tall, skinny, lanky and gangly. The other side a bit better proportioned. Like two different pictures somebody put together. Pants are funny, perhaps it maybe the way you are standing. That one sleeve has a nice roll in it into the crown, but it also has a flute. Maybe it is just the way you are standing gives the flute. The pockets- I remember back in the early 60s being told that the top of pockets be 9 1/2 inches or so above the hem, whereas nowadays they are something like 11. And, of course, the mirror might have influenced the picture some, not to mention the camera. A video would show its quality better. Stills sometimes do garments an injustice.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MORNINGSTAR777
I don't know if they replenished their stock, but one year ago October I was told I purchased the last Black Victory pocket square. In fact I had to request it via email because they were no longer listing it on their web store. If they haven't restocked in Italy, maybe the England store has one?

Damn, that's unfortunate. Although, it does make sense because I've been on the lookout for about a year now.

No, I've not tried the England store -- thanks for the suggestion. I do have someone coming Stateside from the UK for the holidays, so hope springs eternal!.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads