• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You guys really like this ska band cardigan? MMM or not that **** is ugly (sweater version is awful too).

haha I never liked them and if you're a long time margiela fan you can tell that ain't margiela

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thin if that sweater were a solid panel pattern it would look a lot better imo, solid cream on top and solid grey at bottom, split at the pits and with a contrasting shawl collar to round it out.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Update in re: number of recent kops.

First, NDG Shawl Collar Wool Trench. Already owned it in XL, lost a bunch of weight, just re-kopped in M. Really excited because even though my current one is too big for me it's one of my all time favourite pieces and I still wear it in spite of its big-ness. Depending on how this one fits I might have to say farewell to the old one.

shawl1.jpg

shawl2.jpg

Second, Robert Geller belted herringbone twill pants. Hope they fit or they'll go on B&S, kind of a shot in the dark.

00200mb.jpg

Fabric detail:

img2978g.jpg

If anyone sees the jacket anywhere, give me a holler, here's a detail pic: http://static2.slamxhype.com/wp-cont...ket-detail.jpg

Last but not least, mid-layer stuff; Geller cotton fencing overshirt.

img0155wy.jpg

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 things dude, the fencing piece is a jacket, not an overshirt, beautiful re-make reminiscent of cloak days. Also, the trousers you purchased are not Twill but a linen, I used to own the matching blazer and it was ******* amazing.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Yeah I am calling the jacket an overshirt because it's pretty damned light and I'll probably just wear it over tees. But we'll see when it comes in. And if you ever see the cocktail jacket to accompany those pants in a size 48 (or the vest that went with them) let me know, I wouldn't mind having the suit for summer.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Update in re: number of recent kops.

First, NDG Shawl Collar Wool Trench. Already owned it in XL, lost a bunch of weight, just re-kopped in M. Really excited because even though my current one is too big for me it's one of my all time favourite pieces and I still wear it in spite of its big-ness. Depending on how this one fits I might have to say farewell to the old one.

While an awesome coat, the sleeves are probably going to be too short for you. I am 5'11", and the sleeves reach my wrist, but there is not a lot of extra. I have longish arms, but you would need T-rex arms, proportionally.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I had seller measure the sleeve outseam and inseam and if he's right they should be fine, judging by comparison to my XL. If not, there is also room to let the sleeve out a good inch on mine and I trust my tailor. I figured it was worth a shot.

Strange thing is NDG generally has insanely long arms.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am calling the jacket an overshirt because it's pretty damned light and I'll probably just wear it over tees. But we'll see when it comes in. And if you ever see the cocktail jacket to accompany those pants in a size 48 (or the vest that went with them) let me know, I wouldn't mind having the suit for summer.

Would love to help but when I was at Odin I knew everyone who bought those, literally, they were all my friends, we were like a ******* gang. All gone now to my knowledge, only stores I know that bought this piece was Odin and the australian boutiques who's name escapes me at the moment, never end gallery or something?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Gravity pope in Vancouver had one but it looks like it's sold now since it's no longer on their website. I'll go in and talk to them when I'm there in 2 weeks but yeah, might just be an ebay thing.

The diamond blazer and diamond pant are actually the suit I REALLY want to put together but that's such a longshot as to be laughable, though Blackbird still has the jacket in a size 44 if anyone's ridiculously tiny.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Or sheer tech-fabric floral shirts for that matter.

UMad.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads