• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marbles29

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
The Akira DR showed up today.
tumblr_lbx7lub4JN1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_lbx7m3vit11qbmp06.jpg
tumblr_lbx7muRyOV1qbmp06.jpg

tumblr_lbx7naEXed1qbmp06.jpg

Wow, that is making a statement. I love how the color accentuates the details: belts, etc.

"'bout to go Michael Jackson on these bitches, all I need is a red jacket with some zippers"

Brahv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by altemp
Opinions between navy/beige, navy/camel and jason bourne colourways? I'm going to order one within the next week or two and this decision seriously feels impossible.

I love the beige colour on this gant rugger varsity but it appears the one with ToJ is lighter and the camel is darker...

I just got my navy/beige today, and its beautiful.

will post a quick fit pic tonight.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this has been covered a bunch of times already, but what are the differences between lamb and calfskin?

I'm also playing with the idea of a varsity, but a 25 yr old may be too old to wear one =/

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lambskin is soft, supple, and breaks in easier (quicker).

calfskin is thicker, more resistant, and takes a bit longer to break in.

Funksy

Reaction score
WTF ever 25 is too old. I'm 24 and getting ready to grab one.

*somebody please tell me, QUICKLY, if being 24 is in fact too old. Thanks!

Marbles29

Reaction score
lamb is generally more expensive too. the multi-grand designer leathers are often lamb.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marbles29
lamb is generally more expensive too. the multi-grand designer leathers are often lamb.
ToJ prices their lambs a bit cheaper than the calf however, albeit not much at all...around $20-30.

I guess I associate myself being too old to rock one because varsities are given out to the varsity sport teams in high school.

user7

Reaction score
what's the current lamb color availability? any chance of a red a touch darker than aeglus'?

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
ToJ prices their lambs a bit cheaper than the calf however, albeit not much at all...around $20-30. I guess I associate myself being too old to rock one because varsities are given out to the varsity sport teams in high school.
I did too, but they're actually quite versatile (more of a "not a jock" than "I'm an old man" issue though)

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Right now, today, just black for DR's and Motos, black and brown (and other colors possibly) for Bombers, both lamb and calf in each. I am getting a new shipment of YKK zipper parts from Japan in sometime soon, maybe next week, so the selection may blow wide open at that time. I am recommending this russet red horsehide in a DR or Moto (no Bombers in FQHH, he doesn't want to work with it) if people want to pre-order it (I'll buy the leather up front, and then we just wait on the dyeable zips to arrive in a week or so), as this leather may run out quickly. I've already bought it for two jackets and I'm not sure how many jackets are left.
67661_926670986910_15904009_49107570_8048676_n.jpg
there are also some brown FQHH's that I'll have to go back and get an inventory on, because those come and go. They'd also make some really insane DR's/Motos, they'd be amongst the best things I'll have made thus far.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
also, calf can be a little more cheaper than lamb normally, but the calf I use is somehow more expensive than my lamb, and my lamb itself is not cheap, it's about the most expensive lamb in the whole market. Good horse and goat are not cheap either. Per square the difference between all is nominal but then you multiply by the necessary area for a jacket and the difference shows up.

slappy

Reaction score
Man, give me a FQHH bomber and Ill buy it immediately.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
you missed the golden era of FQHH and goat bombers.
redface.gif
Maybe someday again. Not soon though, FQHH is way too limited to make much of a fuss about anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads