• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Krane Outerwear

xplorer

Reaction score
I saw and touched the leather jacket the other day. The leather did not feel nice (and like all his other coats), it is heavy; maybe too heavy. On the other hand, the Langdon knit jacket was beautiful.
Has anyone try to rewax their jackets?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xplorer
I saw and touched the leather jacket the other day. The leather did not feel nice (and like all his other coats), it is heavy; maybe too heavy. On the other hand, the Langdon knit jacket was beautiful.
Has anyone try to rewax their jackets?

Not yet but I'm not expecting it to be any worse than rewaxing any of my Filson. Barbour or Australian Outback stuff.

fungz0r

Reaction score
What is the fit like on the emory bomber? If i wear a 36 usually, should I just go with a 36?

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fungz0r
What is the fit like on the emory bomber? If i wear a 36 usually, should I just go with a 36?

They are fitted. Mine is a 40 and that's my suit jacket size.

puddin

Reaction score
Sizing is true to slightly oversized with the two jackets I have (09 Emory and 10 Ayling) relative to "designer" sizing. Very true to size if you're thinking of traditional american sizing. I'm a 39 and the 38 fits me perfect in both. If you're a 36 I would recommend going with a 36, not sizing down, although I don't think Ken makes a 34 anyway. These coats have have fairly thick linings and you wanna be able to layer under them.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Ah okay, i thought that they might be too fitted so layering might be uncomfortable/weird. Saw all those size 38 bombers up for sale, and was thinking they might fit me

fungz0r

Reaction score
Yeah i saw that jacket first, then discovered the Krane bomber. I think I want the bomber more, suits me better in vancouver

fungz0r

Reaction score
Anybody have any fit pics?

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, but i was wondering if anyone can tell me about the fit of the cyril aviator 08 ?

Im 6'4, around a size 38 but the measurements seem a bit short on the jacket...

Also, would the jacket way too hot for california?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus
Sorry to revive an old thread, but i was wondering if anyone can tell me about the fit of the cyril aviator 08 ?

too hot

that_was_easy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus

Completely depends on which part of CA you live in. I live in the valley and got good wear out of my Emory during the last four months.

That said, I'd seriously have reconsidered my options if I lived on the central/southern coast.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
q5yN3.jpg

How do I fix this ****? One of the rivet (?) button things fell off and I can't figure out how to reattach

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^PM Ken or email him. I would imagine he would be more than happy to help you.

etseq

Reaction score
Anybody know when the fall/winter 2011 stuff comes out in stores?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads