• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any house-brand overdye shirts in the pipeline? Or at least, under consideration?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the shrinkage like on those SF corduroy shirts? Since I had the bad experience with my flannel shrinking an entire size or more I always have to ask these questions
smile.gif

uhavenokliu

Reaction score
WOO at last my tweed fetish will be satisfied. Picked up a pair of the steel lodens and then highlands, cannot wait!!!

delakingois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Whoops, sorry for the late response. What size do you typically wear in jeans (something like Levis?)

28 in APC, which I believe equals 30 in most other brands.

Racove

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acularw
Are you planning a restock of the Alden natural chromexcel longwings? I think I missed getting a size 9.5 by hours...

ditto, but need 8.5's

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Whats the shrinkage like on those SF corduroy shirts? Since I had the bad experience with my flannel shrinking an entire size or more I always have to ask these questions
smile.gif

Minimal to none, but as with all our shirts, we advise washing in cold water and hang dyring.

Originally Posted by uhavenokliu
WOO at last my tweed fetish will be satisfied. Picked up a pair of the steel lodens and then highlands, cannot wait!!!

Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by delakingois
28 in APC, which I believe equals 30 in most other brands.

Yup, a 30 in the Smith should be a good fit for you. There's almost no stretching in the waist, so you don't have to size down.

Originally Posted by APK
Any house-brand overdye shirts in the pipeline? Or at least, under consideration?

Not at the moment, but we're definitely considering that for the Spring. It would probably be in the EP's Chambray style, as the good dye houses are mostly in LA.

But give me a few weeks - we've got an awesome new shirt project going live in early December. You guys are really going to dig it!

Originally Posted by acularw
Are you planning a restock of the Alden natural chromexcel longwings? I think I missed getting a size 9.5 by hours...

Oh man, I'm sorry about that. We've had a ton of interest in those and the Brixton boot in Ravello. I'm going to reorder them next week and put them up for preorder on our website - with delivery planned for Jun-Aug '11.

delakingois

Reaction score
Oh yes, you'd also be a 30 in Epaulet trousers. And it's easy to have the waist and seat perfectly tailored to you if needed too.

Thank you! I think I'll wait until the Steel Lodens come back before ordering though, can't afford extra shipping/taxes. (Because they will be re-stocked, right?)

nineohtoo

Reaction score
I got my sz 29 British Khaki chinos yesterday. It's by far the best chino ice ever seen or worn. My only thing is that I'm a 29.5" waist, and there's a bit of room in the waist and thigh, the knee below are fine, mostly because I have huge calves. I'm gonna wash them this week and see how much they shrink. They should fit perfect after going through the dryer, then I can go get them hemmed. But I'm really impressed. The construction is top notch and it feels great.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delakingois
Thank you! I think I'll wait until the Steel Lodens come back before ordering though, can't afford extra shipping/taxes. (Because they will be re-stocked, right?)

Oh man, I wish that they were - that last run was all deadstock fabrics. I think we're down to the last 2 or so units in Steel-Loden. But I'm heading back for another tweed hunt this Friday, and I'll let you guys know if I come up with anything.

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
I got my sz 29 British Khaki chinos yesterday. It's by far the best chino ice ever seen or worn. My only thing is that I'm a 29.5" waist, and there's a bit of room in the waist and thigh, the knee below are fine, mostly because I have huge calves. I'm gonna wash them this week and see how much they shrink. They should fit perfect after going through the dryer, then I can go get them hemmed. But I'm really impressed. The construction is top notch and it feels great.

Thanks so much!

Originally Posted by samsterdam
Mike, check your service email account.
smile.gif

Got you back, sorry for the delay on that. We'll get your chinos sorted.
smile.gif

drbaw

Reaction score
I'm heading back for another tweed hunt this Friday, and I'll let you guys know if I come up with anything.

bounce2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads