• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

Kookz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Damn kookz, you're gonna need a roulette wheel in your garage to help you decide which one to ride..

Decided I need one of these after all:

Man, talk about the pot calling the kettle

Gloss black.

Congratulations on the pick up. But seriously now, you may have a problem.

When I head to South America I'll have to swing your way and we can get out for a ride.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrunkenMist
What up, I have been hoovering around this place for awhile and decided to join and since bikes have been a part of my life I thought this would have been a good place to start. Here's my bike i'm building atm a 82 XJ650 bobber.
15o9g1g.png

Reminds me of friend's bike that I saw on facebook:

37676_1502759565157_1119244468_31540411_460907_n.jpg

emptym

Reaction score
Wow, I hadn't checked this thread in a few months. Mistake. Beautiful stuff posted.

I particularly like those bikes above. What is that type of bike called?

Kookz, loved your pics of the cross-country trip and the fall. No damage on the bike? Hope I don't encounter that type of surface. Did you ever find out what it was?

Btw, I washed my bike for the first time in two yrs. this weekend. Discovered an electric plug on the right side that was disconnected. No idea what it does. Probably have been riding w/o it for a couple months. Well, I have one idea. For the past couple months, if I was engine braking in the first block or two from my house, the bike would stall. It also runs a little smoother now. Anyone have an idea what that plug was (on a 2003 f650 gs.)?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
When I head to South America I'll have to swing your way and we can get out for a ride.

Good deal, PM me a couple of weeks in advance, and I'd be glad to join you for the day..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2011 Street Bob. Terrific bike. Too bad I won't be able to ride it much for the next 3 or 4 months..
ffffuuuu.gif

bt37311880.jpg

bt27299502.jpg

bt17289908.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Looks cool, but i'd worry about ******/balls.

+1, looks like a torture device, wouldn't want to accidentally accelerate hard and get pushed back in that seat..

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
gnatty, how many bikes are you up to now?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
gnatty, how many bikes are you up to now?

Three. One of these (Triumph) is dedicated to the weekend place, so really just the big twin and the sportster here at home. Way I figure it, most guys spend $30K to $40K on just one motorcycle after mods, especially for some of Harley Davidson's CVO options, so three bikes is not all that excessive, right?
sarcasm.gif

Kookz

Reaction score
Three. One of these (Triumph) is dedicated to the weekend place, so really just the big twin and the sportster here at home. Way I figure it, most guys spend $30K to $40K on just one motorcycle after mods, especially for some of Harley Davidson's CVO options, so three bikes is not all that excessive, right?
sarcasm.gif

Oh, I thought this was your fourth. Three seems just about perfect! Until I sell my GS, then 2 is about perfect.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
Oh, I thought this was your fourth. Three seems just about perfect! Until I sell my GS, then 2 is about perfect.

Traded my Iron 883, just wasn't riding it as much as I should.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
sarcasm.gif

Glad I'm not much of a modder. Did it over 20 years ago on my first street bike (Kaw H2) and vowed I would never heavily mod a bike again.

Might hit the Victory dealership this weekend. Just exploratory, any purchase is a few years away.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Glad I'm not much of a modder. Did it over 20 years ago on my first street bike (Kaw H2) and vowed I would never heavily mod a bike again.

I usually make some very minor modifications just to make the bike my own. I am changing the seat out on that Forty Eight, thought about mini-apes, and then abandoned that idea, but some of the bikes I see are crazy; we are talking thousands and thousands of dollars of mods, and the bikes look like ****, there's so much junk and overhead luggage compartments, and microwaves, they barely resemble motorcycles..

Might hit the Victory dealership this weekend. Just exploratory, any purchase is a few years away.

laugh.gif
looking forward to you posting the pictures Monday.. Srsly dood, motorcycling is in the blood, once you get on again, you won't be able to leave the dealership without one... Anyway, good luck, hope you find something you like..

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hankwx
http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2010/...cial-pics.html

cbr600f is back. looks cool, but too bad its not for the NA market!

111810top-i.jpg

I think it would be better with a v-twin which just has superior torque characteristics for the street. It does look nice though... which is something that Honda seems to have been losing.

Finally sold my VFR. Now Hypermotard for around town or Multistrada for a little bit of everything?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not wanting to start drama in this thread, but how in the world can you guys think those motorcycles are even remotely attractive?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics