• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2010

Gagno905

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nineohtoo
Anybody regret getting the chambray parka? The sale price on Roden Grey is really tempting.

I was wondering how well it holds up to rain and if it's also made in China? A local outdoor brand told me the reason why hardshell style jackets aren't made in North America anymore is because all the good manufacturers that tapes seams are overseas now. It might explain why W+H didn't make it in Canada if it indeed is imported.

I've got the parka. It's made in china, but very well constructed, except for the buttons. This is anecdotal of course but 3 of mine have fallen off.

It fends off rain very well and dries quickly too. Really nice material, I love wearing mine.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love the mountain parka.
i wonder if it would work for snowboarding?

i have a taiga jacket that has taped seams made in canada and it's very good.
maybe it's very expensive compared for the same quality?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 5tan
tried on the wool chinos today, fit like a dream, and they are so comfortable.
It's crossed my mind to bite the bullet and pay $290 + tax for them, ugh.... Terrible

Do they fit true to size?

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Do they fit true to size?
Not in the waist they don't. I'm normally a 31. I'm wearing a pair of 30's as I type this and the fit is spot on. Beware though, that if you have large thighs, they might be a little tight there.

5tan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by velomane
Not in the waist they don't. I'm normally a 31. I'm wearing a pair of 30's as I type this and the fit is spot on. Beware though, that if you have large thighs, they might be a little tight there.

Exactly.
I'm a 31, but tried on a 30 since I couldnt find a 31. 30 Fit great. I was worried about the thigh fit, but still awesome. Going to need them asap.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
So I'm ready to order the parka, should I be looking at a small or XS? I'd like to be able to layer when it's cold. Thanks.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nineohtoo
So I'm ready to order the parka, should I be looking at a small or XS? I'd like to be able to layer when it's cold. Thanks.
i wear a M in the parka. little big but allows for layering moleskin utility pant: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...4384&page=1635
Originally Posted by adamha21
Come on man, one picture would have sufficed! Or a link to the post.
Not everyone checks the WAYWT thread daily. Especially when a post get's buried 2 pages back in 15 minutes. That's why I posted the detailed shots of the moleskin utility pants here - in the W +H F/W 2010 thread where there were no non-stock photos of the pants. But removed the pics to spare this page of them.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come on man, one picture would have sufficed! Or a link to the post.

Sym

Reaction score
I love my Chambray Mountain Parka but am i the only one that thinks it sucks in the rain? I've only been in light rain and noticed it absorbs water rather than repel it like my arc'teryx.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sym
I love my Chambray Mountain Parka but am i the only one that thinks it sucks in the rain? I've only been in light rain and noticed it absorbs water rather than repel it like my arc'teryx.

if it soaks in rain, no good for vancouver.

if it's not goretex or equivalent such as eVent, then it probably won't be as good.

Sym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
if it soaks in rain, no good for vancouver.

if it's not goretex or equivalent such as eVent, then it probably won't be as good.

Its dynex which I guess is an imitation goretex. I think it's due to the fabric not being tightly woven to give it the Chambray look. I held both this and an Arc'Teryx up to light and you can clearly see the weave and its tiny holes on the Mountain Parka. The Arc'Teryx on the other hand is completely solid. Pretty disappointing considering an Arc'Teryx shell retails for less, then again, they are pretty ugly.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^If that's true, definitely no bueno.

DCU

Reaction score
I'm currently looking for the heather gray 1x1 rib knit crewneck in sz. S. A lot of stores had this but I slept on it and now it seems to be sold out everywhere. Any help would be much appreciated. My only hope at the moment is a restock at Roden Gray.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DCU
I'm currently looking for the heather gray 1x1 rib knit crewneck in sz. S. A lot of stores had this but I slept on it and now it seems to be sold out everywhere. Any help would be much appreciated. My only hope at the moment is a restock at Roden Gray.

It's sold out everywhere I see too.

Consider the thermal or chabanel..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads