• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Chrispy

Reaction score
The safety button coat (I think thats what it is called) is on sale for ~$200 at Rosey Jekes in NH. Size 3 and 4 left.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I can't see the everest being very practical tbh.

Adam if you're 41-42 chest you won't fit into 50.

if I planned on living here (ND) for more than a few years I would definitely get the everest. winter can get ******* ridiculous.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey pocketsquareguy,

I'm 6'2", and prefer 35" sleeves and most stuff fits me great. I haven't tried any of the shirts, though. Cabourn isn't really made for the Japanese market. The Authentic Line (black label) is all made in the UK, and the Main Line (olive green label) is made in Japan. BUT, that doesn't necessarily mean the sizing is Japanese. The JP shops just tend to stock the 44-48 sizes, and not much larger.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
space coccoon is far more ridiculous in person than pictures suggest

NateReady

Reaction score
I'm trying to purchase a matching mallory jacket and tweed pants and wondering about fit? I wear a 32 in most engineered garments pants and a medium in the workshirts. I wear a large in the wwm jackets like the upland and a medium in the bd shirts. 31-32 in wwm pants. I'm curious as to whether I need to order a 50 or a 52 in the mallory jacket and whether or not to try a 32" or 34" in the tweed pants.

Thanks for your help!!!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say probably a 50 in the jacket and 32 in the trousers. But, you should contact them asking for measurements. What is your actual chest measurement? The pair of Cabourn trousers I have are pretty close to tagged size, maybe an inch larger.

NateReady

Reaction score
Thanks again for the help. My actual chest is 40.5". In the lncc site they list the 52 as having a 44" chest and the 50 as having a 42" chest. My actual waist is 33". Most of my pants are exactly 16" across the front and tagged as 32's. Based on this I'm leaning toward the 52??? I want comfortable doing active stuff and with the possibility of layering.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your chest is 40.5, and the 52 has a 44" chest, then I bet that would be a better size for you. I'm guessing the 32 trousers should also work. Be sure to post photos!

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Hey pocketsquareguy,

I'm 6'2", and prefer 35" sleeves and most stuff fits me great. I haven't tried any of the shirts, though. Cabourn isn't really made for the Japanese market. The Authentic Line (black label) is all made in the UK, and the Main Line (olive green label) is made in Japan. BUT, that doesn't necessarily mean the sizing is Japanese. The JP shops just tend to stock the 44-48 sizes, and not much larger.

This info is very helpful. I'lll seek out the Authentic Line then and give it a try. I love the NC website and his passion for authentic military and service apparel.

chroMe

Reaction score
don't own as much as I would like - best brick and mortar shop with most extensive stawk is 14oz in Berlin. Present-London is pretty good too. Bought this jacket the other week from a uk online co having a specific nc sale:

056.jpg

chroMe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
And I've wanted the clip jacket forever, but other purchases keep on getting in the way. If anyone gets me this in a Eu50, I'll let them post a bunch of special flower threads:

cabourn_clip_jacket.jpg

i know where you can get it in a eu52 / 450gbp

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I usually wear a mix of tailored ..... and casual too.... I think the selfedge set doesn't mind that much

Well Kia does (from his SF Interview)

Kiya: Those shirts are amazing and an easy way to dress up jeans without putting on a blazer (which makes me want to puke).

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
This sweater has always been a holy grail for me
cabournsweater.jpg

[/IMG]

Great details. I haven't seen buttons used like this since the 70's.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
i know where you can get it in a eu52 / 450gbp

Me too (though I really need the size 50). Now, I just need some kind soul to send me 450 gbp by Paypal. Luckily, I just received a very generous and flattering offer from a Nigerian gentleman, so I may soon be able to retire.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads