• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaitek

Reaction score
Ok, I ordered a bomber at the end of October and I'm giddy. They said three weeks should should be soon. Argh...

Charly was awesome helping with sizing.

The "unofficial" site is exactly that. Unofficial. So you have to talk to them directly for current styles and pricing.

They are very easy to work with. I asked questions that I'm sure they heard 100's of times before me, but didn't phase them.

theEnd

Reaction score
Just got my murdered Winter Varsity. Shipped from Korea to NY in four days! The jacket is very nice, fit is great with just a t-shirt on, and when I first touched the leather I was instantly overwhelmed by dirty thoughts!

I didn't expect it to be so thick. Its really warm and quite stiff too. The quality of finish is excellent, especially considering the price. This could easily be a $700 jacket (but dont raise the prices yet)! One minor niggle is that there's a tiny bump where the centre seam of the raglan shoulder meets the neck ribbing.

Yes, the pockets are very high. Certainly not for putting your hands into (unless you have very short arms). But they look amazing. I think it was the beauty of the pocket lining that tipped me over the edge and made me order this jacket.

I hope its cold out tomorrow!

Quick question: is the basic shape of the WV the same as for the bomber? I'm asking because if it is I can order a bomber with some small adjustments to make it just perfect. I need one more inch of room on the body and sleeves half an inch shorter.

mrchariybrown

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theEnd
Quick question: is the basic shape of the WV the same as for the bomber? I'm asking because if it is I can order a bomber with some small adjustments to make it just perfect. I need one more inch of room on the body and sleeves half an inch shorter.

bombers are fully mtm, so when you're ready to order, just shoot me an email and I'll assist you to the best of my abilities.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charly I emailed you.

You guys are great help.

Edicron

Reaction score
Black lamb bomber came in earlier this week, pretty much spot on. Was surprised to find the ribbing around the waist so tight but other that it's pretty damn sweet. Just debating whether to hot shower with the jacket or not...

Will try post a fit soon.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any body get the light grey body, white sleeves, medium dark grey trim with white stripes varsity yet?? i have the Jason bourne colour way in the TOJ AE. wondering if the trim is the same or is the winter varsity going to be ribbed and thicker??
could i spend an extra couple dollars to get a longer collar?? that would be great if so, really would help to keep wind out and be more functional.
thanks guys

halisray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edicron
Black lamb bomber came in earlier this week, pretty much spot on. Was surprised to find the ribbing around the waist so tight but other that it's pretty damn sweet. Just debating whether to hot shower with the jacket or not...

Will try post a fit soon.

Why would you take a shower with your jacket on?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by halisray

trying to go for a washed look, probably

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahaha, kind of like the dus here that jump into a bathtub with stf jeans on

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black lamb bomber came in earlier this week, pretty much spot on. Was surprised to find the ribbing around the waist so tight but other that it's pretty damn sweet. Just debating whether to hot shower with the jacket or not... Will try post a fit soon.
My ribbing/waist area "chilled out" and got a little less huggy after about five days of almost constant wear. but mine is calf. mmmm calllfffff It's starting to, to steal a jeans term, stack on the inside of my elbows, and it's beautiful. edit: i mean honeycomb, not stack.

Edicron

Reaction score
Originally Posted by halisray
Drew mentioned it as an option to break in / toughen up the lambskin.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Drew mentioned it as an option to break in / toughen up the lambskin.

He said wearing it out in the rain would do that. This **** isn't raw denim, there is no special way to break in leather. Just wear it and it will break in over time, don't take extra steps like standing in the shower with it, that is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics