• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robstrongo

Reaction score
I just got a pair of Kudu Indys for the winter here in the northeast. What do you guy's recommend for care on these, since the Kudu leather is already pretty heavily oiled?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Very nice - i've been interested in those lately, wouldn't mnind a nice pair in #8

thank you. the color 8 is very nice

remainder

Reaction score

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne
I've done this through the Alden NYC store. Went very smoothly actually- the main limitations are no cordos other than #8 or black.

The other Shell Cordovan colors are probably reserved for Japan and HK Alden sellers as custom makes such as the cigar shell medallion tip.

1wb

Reaction score
Re: Remainder's suede wingtip boot - that is one distinguished looking boot. I heart the brass eyelets.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ej5so.jpg

color 8 lhs

monologuist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
I thought it was just me...I kept seeing this pics of new Ravello...and then going back and looking at my 6 mos old WingTip boots from SMart and was like- whats the deal?...was sorta hoping I was just imagining it as I like the darker better...

Oh well...they are still beautiful

Can you post any pics of your ravello boots? The shoe mart ones are a bit different in other respects as well, aren't they?...storm welted...speed lacing?

Anyone care to share their opinions on how the shoe mart wingtip boots compare to other available ones?

Thor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by monologuist
Can you post any pics of your ravello boots? The shoe mart ones are a bit different in other respects as well, aren't they?...storm welted...speed lacing?

Anyone care to share their opinions on how the shoe mart wingtip boots compare to other available ones?

I posted some pics when I first got them- they can be seen here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...61#post3321761

there is a big difference just between the individual picture- whether flash was used or not...I think the actual color is somewhere in between the pictures...

Here they are outside - seen in comparison to CXL and some RedWing "cigar' GTs:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...64#post3534964

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LS, any chance of putting down a deposit for the next reorder batch of Barrie wingtip boots in brown Horween chromexcel, 10.5? I'm praying...

monologuist

Reaction score
Thanks!
Those pics along with the ones just posted above pretty much convince me that I prefer the storm-welt on Barrie last Shell Wingtip Boots. Maybe, it makes them less versatile, but for some reason I just prefer the look over the "dress boot" style ones that are flat welt, at least with more refined leathers like shell. With the CXL and Suede Wingtip boots, the flat welt look fine to me. Amazing how a tiny strip of leather trim can affect things...

That said, the Shell Jumper Boots work with flat welt...I think the chunkier TB last balances things out enough so it doesn't look like dress-boot-ish.

Shoemart relayed to me that it is possible to get the Shell wingtip boot with no speed-lacing, but would be an extra few months.
- What do people think of the Ravello WT boot, speed-lacing vs. eyelets?

Originally Posted by Thor
I posted some pics when I first got them- they can be seen here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...61#post3321761

there is a big difference just between the individual picture- whether flash was used or not...I think the actual color is somewhere in between the pictures...

Here they are outside - seen in comparison to CXL and some RedWing "cigar' GTs:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...64#post3534964

Todd V

Reaction score
I prefer speed lacing, especially when the top of the boot will be covered by pants. It is simply so much easier to get into and out of the boots. Visually, there different is rather minor.

monologuist

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the difference in fit between Barrie and Trubalance boots in terms of heel and ankle/instep room? My Trubalance jumper boots are pretty roomy in both respects. Even when sizing down 1/2 size, I'm tying my laces almost to max tightness from the instep and higher.

I'd consider sticking TTS instead of sizing down on Barrie last boots so I can wear a little thicker socks. But I don't want to run into same issue of heel and ankle/instep then being to roomy.

REguy

Reaction score
Mac, how did you wind up with the double, natural-colored soles on the #8s? Were you able to purchase them this way, or did you resole them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads