• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter coats skinny males

I\/an

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After searching for a month now and a good chunk of money lost through mailing returns back, I still cannot find a good winter coat for me and ask if anyone knows of a good place to find one.

I am looking for a professional looking coat made of wool. Something I can use for work and casual. I don't really like pea coats, but at this point, I will consider anything.

The problem is, I have broad shoulders, a thin waist, and long arms. Even medium coats do not fit on the body. However, small size coats are too short on the arms.

Height 6'1" and weight 152 lbs

Chest 36"
Sleeves 35.5"
Waist 30"
Body length from shoulders to just below hips is 28"

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's not broad-shouldered. Anyway, location and budget, please?

thrice

Reaction score
How about buying a medium and have it altered. I have most of my jackets and coats altered.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm slim with broad shoulders, and find that my best fitting topcoat and casual coats all are made by Prada. Excellent quality, too.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
That's not broad-shouldered. Anyway, location and budget, please?

I guess I don't see where he posted a shoulder measurement... But yes, a budget would help a bit.

EZ

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget about mail order. Go to brick-and-mortar stores and try on as many as you can to find the right fit.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here at styleforum, besides trying to give you the best advice for all things sartorial, we like to dispel the belief that you have broad shoulders. Few men are born broad shouldered. It's just like that "tall, dark and handsome" crap that got a hold on women sometime ago that now means next to nothing for the purposes of specific descriptions. Edit: Cf. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=1743950

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^yep, best advice in the thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads