• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
http://www.valetmag.com/the-mix/1112...ndex2_top_lead

A review of the infamous LEC boot everyone was so curious about. It looks like the reviewers at Valet have a differing opinion. To be honest, from what I've seen, I'd rather go with a pair of LL Bean Katahdins.

With you on this.

Though with the current 30% off coupon, it's probably not a bad pickup for ~$105.

Factor Xll

Reaction score
so the groupon can't be used in any stores other than the one in Wisconsin. I did find out you can get free shipping if you use the in-store kiosk in sears where they have a LEC section.

I was able to use the Groupons and get free shipping.

I have the Jersey Blazer on order, I'll post up what I think when i get them.

bombers

Reaction score
^^ yes post review as soon as you can; pics would be awesome. i'm interested in it but waiting to see how it fits. Also, what size did you get?

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eightdouble
i got a handwritten note from their customer service department on a card telling me how this would be my new favorite shirt and how i would live in it, etc. a handwritten note was a pretty nice touch, but the very next day i got a computerized form letter telling me that it was out of stock and they were not getting any more and that my credit card would not be charged for it.
I was curious about this so-called handwritten note, so I searched and found a couple pictures of them on-line. They are so common among LE Canvas customers that they appear to be part of a standardized process, no more sincere than a form letter. Yet, I found many blog sites on the Internet where the recipients of these notes appear to actually believe that a customer service rep sat down, thought carefully about the purchase, and then sent them a nice note-- a truly heartfelt moment! Ironically many customers likely know in the back of their mind just how fake and insincere these notes likely are, yet they still feel moved by it emotionally on some level. Why is that? These notes are analogous to the hot saleswomen telling you the clothing looks good on you while trying it on the store, except far more methodically thought out. I would guess they have a different note pre-written for each product and keep track in their system so they never send you the same note twice. The notes could possibly be handwritten by a team of lowly paid people, but it's more likely they're using printing technology that makes it look real. Case in point: If the notes are truly handwritten by a busy CS rep, why are all of them so clear and legible?
lands-end-canvas-tankyounote.jpg

cocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I was curious about this so-called handwritten note, so I searched and found a couple pictures of them on-line.

They are so common among LE Canvas customers that they appear to be part of a standardized process, no more sincere than a form letter. Yet, I found many blog sites on the Internet where the recipients of these notes appear to actually believe that a customer service rep sat down, thought carefully about the purchase, and then sent them a nice note-- a truly heartfelt moment!

Ironically many customers likely know in the back of their mind just how fake and insincere these notes likely are, yet they still feel moved by it emotionally on some level. Why is that? These notes are analogous to the hot saleswomen telling you the clothing looks good on you while trying it on the store, except far more methodically thought out.

I would guess they have a different note pre-written for each product and keep track in their system so they never send you the same note twice. The notes could possibly be handwritten by a team of lowly paid people, but it's more likely they're using printing technology that makes it look real. Case in point: If the notes are truly handwritten by a busy CS rep, why are all of them so clear and legible?

You're right. Damn those assholes for sending out fake thank you cards that look like they're handwritten. The douchebag who made mine even put my name on it, and it was clearly made with advanced robot technology to make it look like it was handwritten. I mean, just look how fake this is:

dscn3353c.jpg

Just for this I'm never buying from those dicks ever again.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered--

From LEC: Jersey blazer, End on End Poplins, CPO Shirt and corps jacket.
From LE Kids: Peatcoat

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I would guess they have a different note pre-written for each product and keep track in their system so they never send you the same note twice. The notes could possibly be handwritten by a team of lowly paid people, but it's more likely they're using printing technology that makes it look real. Case in point: If the notes are truly handwritten by a busy CS rep, why are all of them so clear and legible?

I've ordered many times from them; it seems that you only receive the note as a new customer, not a returning one. I agree that they're likely a part of a standardized practice; nonetheless, they also appear to be genuinely handwritten. Lands' End has famously responsive customer service: a real human usually answers the phone on first ring (startling, the first time I called them!), even at odd hours of the night. Given this, I imagine they're very well-staffed and writing these notes actually doesn't take very long, especially since they seem to follow a very specific template. Still, it's a nice touch.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I was curious about this so-called handwritten note, so I searched and found a couple pictures of them on-line.

They are so common among LE Canvas customers that they appear to be part of a standardized process, no more sincere than a form letter. Yet, I found many blog sites on the Internet where the recipients of these notes appear to actually believe that a customer service rep sat down, thought carefully about the purchase, and then sent them a nice note-- a truly heartfelt moment!

Ironically many customers likely know in the back of their mind just how fake and insincere these notes likely are, yet they still feel moved by it emotionally on some level. Why is that? These notes are analogous to the hot saleswomen telling you the clothing looks good on you while trying it on the store, except far more methodically thought out.

Sorry, I think I missed something, your point was....?

Factor Xll

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
I ordered--

From LEC: Jersey blazer, End on End Poplins, CPO Shirt and corps jacket.
From LE Kids: Peatcoat

I also ordered the End on End poplins, I was curious on how they are different from the heritage poplins, guess I'll find out when it gets here.

bombers

Reaction score
lol. Do all Sears take back LE/LEC or do they have to carry the line in order to return in store?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bombers
lol. Do all Sears take back LE/LEC or do they have to carry the line in order to return in store?

Yeah I think they have to carry the line. If you're unsure chat with a LEC rep online and ask them what's the nearest LE Sears in your area.

bombers

Reaction score
I thought so...then i'm out of luck. I wish they have free returns. That would be awesome.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordered the chino jacket in navy, the slim cargos, a cashmere vneck, and the chambray. I'll report back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads