• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Received Saint Crispins

mth

Reaction score
Anyway, those shoes are beautiful and thanks for sharing the pictures. I have the same model in a dark espresso calf and they're my favorite (and best fitting) RTW/MTO shoe. What's the name of the leather color you chose?

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
So... in summary you can't afford this, or are stingy.

Oxbridge education not working out for you?

You really think that because I clear out some less-not worn ties I have been 'bullied into selling'? You really think the true measure of a man is whether he 'keeps his clothes'? LOL you are a real idiot.
laugh.gif

I really enjoy how things get so personal on this forum. Can't you just feel the love!

banis

Reaction score
Nice shoes.

I also got SC shoes last week. It was a two-eyelet derby. Should probably get more in the future.
As for the sizing, I wear 8-8.5 in most of the English-made shoes and in the SC went with 8. I like how they fit.
tumblr_lbhewrDw9u1qexpu3o1_500.jpg

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Dear Sir,
I believe whatever shoes you buy, it is how they look, behave on the foot until your first repair (read 2 years), which is really important. Is the finish the same, does it last, how about the leather, does it stretch, it should of course, but how much etc. I am glad you are happy with your shoes, I hope you can return in two years and post a series of new pictures with the same smile on your face? All the best and happy walking!

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
benjamin831;3794115 said:
Agreed.

Just out of curiosity, how were you able to determine your size? I've always wanted to order a pair of SC but just assumed it would impossible to find my size without actually trying a pair on.

There is very knowledgeable agent here in Sydney for SC. He had my foot trace on paper and took quite a few measurements before sending it to SC to determine my size.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Gooch
You learn a lot when you lurk for a couple of years. Heck, I should be applauded, no?

Let's not get carried away, now.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbkoissy
What are you talking about? I was simply home, wearing an old pair of Levis 501 jeans when the shoes came in. How better should they be?

If you have the money to buy $900 shoes you should get some jeans that don't look like what every 30 your old man in the US wears. Something darker and not stone washed.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ralphwho
The reason i said worth is relative is that it has mainly to do with the amount of money you have at your disposal, how you care to spend it and the access channels you have. If you are rich and not stingy and so cannot be bothered, then 900 euros for those shoes are worth it. If you would rather not buy things at RRP either because of choice or necessity then it is way too much, compared with what you can get elsewhere

Stop trying to dog a good thread you twerp!

mbkoissy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
If you have the money to buy $900 shoes you should get some jeans that don't look like what every 30 your old man in the US wears. Something darker and not stone washed.

Fuji: Thank you for your post. First, the cost of the shoes are 900 Euros. Second, I can wear whatever pair of jeans I want. I don't need your advice or anybody's advice for that. Third, let's stick to the issue, which is about the shoes.

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
@Mbkoissy (OP):

Beautiful SCs!!! Congrats.

Technical question: Do you get most of your shoes online/through the mail? I notice you're in Washington DC, which is not exactly a shoe mecca. Skyvalet has a small collection of C&J and EG, but otherwise, nice shoes are not easy to come by. The Neiman's etc. barely carry anything other than corrected grain Gucci & Prada crap...

How do you manage sizing? Trial and error?

Made in California

Reaction score
I'll echo what everyone else has said, those shoes look extremely cool. I don't think we should be faulted for commenting on the jeans, though. I mean the issue on this forum is dress. It's kind of like showing the engine of your car to a bunch of car enthusiasts, but refusing to let them discuss the custom paint job. It might be more of a stretch if people said you should get a new carpet or something.

mbkoissy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maximus Rex
@Mbkoissy (OP):

Beautiful SCs!!! Congrats.

Technical question: Do you get most of your shoes online/through the mail? I notice you're in Washington DC, which is not exactly a shoe mecca. Skyvalet has a small collection of C&J and EG, but otherwise, nice shoes are not easy to come by. The Neiman's etc. barely carry anything other than corrected grain Gucci & Prada crap...

How do you manage sizing? Trial and error?

Hello Maximus. yes, I am based in DC, but I spent 3/4th of my time overseas, traveling between Europe, the US, and Africa. I have been to most of the stores in London, Paris, NY, etc. and I own most brands including G&G, JL, EG, CJ, GC, Trickers, Grenson, etc. Therefore I have a pretty good idea of my British size, which is a 9E standard. Now for G&G, which does not really have a store and and SC, I speak directly with the principals. The goal is to match the size of the shoes that I am most comfortable in. These guys are very knowledgeable, and can suggest appropriate solutions. Sometimes, depending on the last of the shoes, they may be a little snug, or wide, but it's a decision that I have to make. Either I keep them or I send them back.

mbkoissy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
I'll echo what everyone else has said, those shoes look extremely cool. I don't think we should be faulted for commenting on the jeans, though. I mean the issue on this forum is dress. It's kind of like showing the engine of your car to a bunch of car enthusiasts, but refusing to let them discuss the custom paint job. It might be more of a stretch if people said you should get a new carpet or something.

Made in California, thank you for this piece of advice. You are absolutely right. People should be free to comment on anything.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with speaking your mind, just like there's nothing wrong with other people speaking their mind about how you spoke your mind.

Personally, I think it's kind of dickish to harp on the jeans - snarky crack yes, continued nagging about it no.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads