• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by golfham
received the dbl indigo shirt today. Amazing material, but it's too big...I'm going to soak it in hot water.

does anyone know if they're making anymore trousers? Those are hot.

How did the soak go? I got mine today and its LONG. I was hoping a hot soak could shorten it up a bit.

golfham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
How did the soak go? I got mine today and its LONG. I was hoping a hot soak could shorten it up a bit.

soak+high heat dry worked, but my dryer is blue now.

enigma77

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've heard that new Rogue Territory jeans will shrink 1" in length and 0.5" in the waist when hot soaked. Any idea how much it'll shrink in other dimensions (leg opening and rise especially)? I have a new 31 Stanton if that makes a difference.

Thanks

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt either of those will shrink too much--maybe 1/4"? The denim is sanforized IIRC, so the overall shrinkage should be minimal

racknac

Reaction score
looks like i need to do a hot soak as well... exactly what does that entail? I wonder what height this medium is made for... i'm 5'11 and this shirt is WAY long both body and arm length.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fill up your bathtub or laundry tub or a big sink with very hot water. Soak shirt in it for about 20 mins. Hang dry or throw in the dryer for a short time and then hang dry (although some people will say the dryer is blasphemy)

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
looks like i need to do a hot soak as well... exactly what does that entail? I wonder what height this medium is made for... i'm 5'11 and this shirt is WAY long both body and arm length.

Well, you could always give it to me....

racknac

Reaction score
can I keep soaking it till it shrinks to the size I like? Or will it only shrink so much...

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
can I keep soaking it till it shrinks to the size I like? Or will it only shrink so much...

If you keep soaking it, it will eventually disappear...

Kidding. It will only shrink so far, but not sure just how far that is. Seems like the most it would shrink without hot machine wash is to close to the next size down. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I visited Weft in Vegas last week and talked with the tailor and SA... looked over the swatches. A pretty impressive concept.

handsometigers

Reaction score
hair a like-new pair for sale if anyone's interested. offers welcomed! check sig
cheers.gif

racknac

Reaction score
i've hot soaked it twice and its still too big... the sleeves are insanely long. Gonna hot soak one more time and then stick it in the dryer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads