• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems Pepsi has the shittiest CEO's in history. John Sculley, who was CEO of Pepsi arrived at Apple, fired Steve Jobs and put the company into misery.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
It seems Pepsi has the shittiest CEO's in history. John Sculley, who was CEO of Pepsi arrived at Apple, fired Steve Jobs and put the company into misery.

That's not entirely true.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which numeral sequence on the tags will tell which season a pair of LVC's were produced? Trying to determine the exact season of my '47s that are for sale.

I spent some time on the sufu LVC thread and didn't find it, but it's pretty vast so I could have missed it.

thx in advance.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
Can anyone tell me which numeral sequence on the tags will tell which season a pair of LVC's were produced? Trying to determine the exact season of my '47s that are for sale.

I spent some time on the sufu LVC thread and didn't find it, but it's pretty vast so I could have missed it.

thx in advance.

2007:
PICT0015.jpg

MArch 2000

PICT0013.jpg

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ thanks much.

my tag is closer to the 2007 style, but different still. I know they are very recent production (w/in last couple years), but was just trying to tell which one specifically.

Pablo-T

Reaction score
^^ thanks much.

my tag is closer to the 2007 style, but different still. I know they are very recent production (w/in last couple years), but was just trying to tell which one specifically.

Jsut have a look, it's normally pretty logical, there are only a few possible candidates once you've discounted the model number etc. Or post your tag.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These images are terrible, almost negating their usefulness, but my older iPhone can't get much focus for close-ups, and I'm at work w/out any other camera. I know enough to know what I *should* be looking for, but I'm not finding it, or I'm biasing myself somehow.

Thoughts?

Top tag

IMG_0608.jpg

High on the tag:

WPL-423 CA00342

Last line, underneath Japanese (I assume) characters
0120-099-201 S35050

2nd tag, same size, underneath top tag

IMG_0606.jpg

main numerical info towards bottom of tag

CIF A 08298606 223
47501.0117 (0117) 34/36
487677 3909

Pablo-T

Reaction score
Thanks!

The "3909"?

Well, yes! Yours are recent jeans, because they have the Japanese lettering on the label, The year is always one of the last digits.. . not sure what the 39 is, most likely that denotes March-Sept, ie spring summer.
Love, your friendly local rocket scientist

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
@Denimdebate

LVC 1947 understated elegance
inlove.gif

IMG_6434.jpg

Sorry for necro but this is fucken sweet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads