• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nathaniel72
My two favorite, not so common beers. 3 Philosophers Bell's Two-Hearted Ale Anyone familiar?
Bell's Two-Hearted is about at common as Bud Lite here in Chicago! Hell, I was just in Madison a couple weeks ago and it was on draft at several different places, but it is a fine beer that I will agree. Now go to Riley's and pick-up some New Glarus Unplugged: Apple Ale, wrap it up in, place it in a box and then mail it to me...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
i'm on a mission.

i'm a defeated man.
facepalm.gif
this big store i thought of was (pre)sold-out in March. geeeze.

all is not lost though. i'm heading to a store by my office that stocks a ton of beers and is sort of off the beaten path.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm a defeated man.
facepalm.gif
this big store i thought of was (pre)sold-out in March. geeeze.

all is not lost though. i'm heading to a store by my office that stocks a ton of beers and is sort of off the beaten path.

Have you ever had Kentucky Breakfast Stout? I'd say don't drive yourself nuts trying to find it, you'd be better off waiting until they release it at the brewery and make a trip out to Founders and buy a case or two. You can sit on it for years, so it's a very good investment...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think i have once or twice, but don't remember it. probably during a time where i bought it, drank it, and didn't give a thought to what it was like.

i probably will just wait it out.

do you actually cellar certain beers? how so? just put them in a dark room?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think i have once or twice, but don't remember it. probably during a time where i bought it, drank it, and didn't give a thought to what it was like.

i probably will just wait it out.

do you actually cellar certain beers? how so? just put them in a dark room?

yep, a small room in the basement with shelves, which is cool and dry. my friends actually rent a large space in a storage room that is temp/humidity controlled and has constant air-flow, they spend a pretty penny, but their collection is the smallest as far as dollar value in the space...

Quatsch

Reaction score
Nashville's local brewery is called Yazoo Brewing company, and they have this beer called SUE, which is a smoked porter that weighs in about 8% ABV - I don't think its anything like so heavily smoked as Aecht's Rauchbier. Anyway, they aged some SUE in 5 gallon bourbon barrels from a local bourbon company and tapped them last Wednesday night at the Nashville Flying Saucer. It was wonderful, deep and complex, with many layers of flavor. Sweet and malty and big, the smokiness receded into the background and great vanilla and cherry flavors came out, finishing with a great bourbon aftertaste. While the alcohol wasn't noticeable, the beer was so rich you couldn't drink more than a pint.

Long story short, its like a much better version of BBC's Jefferson Reserve Stout, which I am a fan of already.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spiegelaus came in today.

62183670.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The glasses are nice as hell. I'm really glad I bought them. I was skeptical about them but a great purchase.

And yes. Got them from amazon. $23.

flippyot

Reaction score
Hoegaarden.

Although I might be switching to Westvleteren 12 or 6 if I move to Europe (import price is $30-40 per bottle).

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
How do you like them?

Originally Posted by Tooch4321
How much were those glasses?

Guys, also Crate & Barrel has very, very similar beer snifters on sale at the moment for $3.50/glass. I bought a couple of them the other day and am very happy. There is a link I posted on the previous page if anyone is interested.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Guys, also Crate & Barrel has very, very similar beer snifters on sale at the moment for $3.50/glass. I bought a couple of them the other day and am very happy. There is a link I posted on the previous page if anyone is interested.

Oh, I know about those, I am just trying to decide if I want crystal or glass...

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i might get a couple of those crate and barel ones this weekend for my clumsy friends. last time i checked, they didn't have them, so hopefully i can at least compare. i REALLY REALLY like the spiegelaus and the premium over them is the cost of a decent 6 pack. no way would i spend any more on glasses, but amazon with prime free shipping, why not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads