• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2010

Brinbro

Reaction score
I have the wool down vest, made in China, and I can't tell a difference in quality. It's all in your guy's heads but somewhere, deep down, I think you already know that. If you like it, buy it, but don't pretend you know about what makes it higher or lesser quality because of its geographic origin.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
About to re-cop the Chambray Mountain Parka in a smaller size and the Wool Sportscoat.....Hope they fit like Roden Gray told me it would.

Post a fit pic if you get the chance!

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea how I should size in the W+H Thermal Cardigan?
I'm 6'2" 180 (lean/athletic) 42" chest. I was looking at the XL but some of you have mentioned that some pieces stretch a good amount. I'm a Large in Epaulet shirts if that helps.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
About to re-cop the Chambray Mountain Parka in a smaller size and the Wool Sportscoat.....Hope they fit like Roden Gray told me it would.

where did you kop?

i really love that jacket, but I can't justify 400$ for it.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 97laxlude
I'm 6'2" 180 (lean/athletic) 42" chest. I was looking at the XL but some of you have mentioned that some pieces stretch a good amount. I'm a Large in Epaulet shirts if that helps.

go talk to Fahim over at Roden Gray.
they have a thread.

he's awesome, will get you the perfect fit.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 97laxlude

IMO all W+H pieces with the exception of a few outerwear fit me best in XL and were the exact same measurements. I wouldn't go TTS.

Gmas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DCU
Does anybody know a store that still has the light blue oxford shirt in sz. S?
Try Nomad in Toronto maybe. They bought pretty heavy into this season so there's a good chance they still might. Webstore isn't up yet so you'll have to call. TNT BLU here in Toronto also carries W+H, as does Holt Renfrew (Note: TNT usually has terrible pricing, but have a 25% off storewide sale on right now).

DCU

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Thought you might luck and out and find it at Haven but they're sold out too. I just did a run through all the stockist and am coming up short...sorry.

Originally Posted by Gmas
Try Nomad in Toronto maybe. They bought pretty heavy into this season so there's a good chance they still might. Webstore isn't up yet so you'll have to call. TNT BLU here in Toronto also carries W+H, as does Holt Renfrew (Note: TNT usually has terrible pricing, but have a 25% off storewide sale on right now).

Thanks for the tips. I will try to contact Nomad.

auc2mic

Reaction score
Anyone know if W+H are going to be re-releasing the tiger fleece blanket any time soon? It's one of the few items I regret missing out on

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Anybody regret getting the chambray parka? The sale price on Roden Grey is really tempting.

I was wondering how well it holds up to rain and if it's also made in China? A local outdoor brand told me the reason why hardshell style jackets aren't made in North America anymore is because all the good manufacturers that tapes seams are overseas now. It might explain why W+H didn't make it in Canada if it indeed is imported.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is what I heard a year or two ago when searching for snowboarding gear. I used to live in Salt Lake so I used to look/use a lot of different brands that featured taped seams. I don't remember a single one being manufactured in North America. Being manufactured in North America doesn't always mean well built. I've had plenty of stuff made this side of the globe completely crap out or fall apart well before it was suppose to. This is especially true with cars.

Originally Posted by nineohtoo
Anybody regret getting the chambray parka? The sale price on Roden Grey is really tempting.

I was wondering how well it holds up to rain and if it's also made in China? A local outdoor brand told me the reason why hardshell style jackets aren't made in North America anymore is because all the good manufacturers that tapes seams are overseas now. It might explain why W+H didn't make it in Canada if it indeed is imported.

5tan

Reaction score
tried on the wool chinos today, fit like a dream, and they are so comfortable.
It's crossed my mind to bite the bullet and pay $290 + tax for them, ugh.... Terrible

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads