• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

andr3pwd

Reaction score
Tried over in Streetwear but no cigar. Maybe asking the impossible. I have looked all over the net for something like this jacket. Chunky aran knit, high neck, elbow pads, zippered. Closest I have found is something similar sold on SF a few months ago from Japanese make "Element" but even that I can not find elsewhere on the Interwebs. Thanks for looking
greycableknitsweaterjacket.jpg

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trinitrogen Oxide
how do mens jeans sizing work? I wear a mostly wear jeans 32x32 or thereabout, but if I take a tape measure to myself I get something like 36 inches.
I think you are measuring your hip which is where most people wear their pants these days.
man.gif

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andr3pwd
Tried over in Streetwear but no cigar. Maybe asking the impossible. I have looked all over the net for something like this jacket. Chunky aran knit, high neck, elbow pads, zippered. Closest I have found is something similar sold on SF a few months ago from Japanese make "Element" but even that I can not find elsewhere on the Interwebs.

Thanks for looking
greycableknitsweaterjacket.jpg

Not an exact match ... but I'm sure these guys can help out...

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you had the opportunity to buy an AE Park Avenue for $160, but you already owned two black bals, would you do it anyways? Or would you put it towards a brown C&J wingtip?

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
If you had the opportunity to buy an AE Park Avenue for $160, but you already owned two black bals, would you do it anyways? Or would you put it towards a brown C&J wingtip?

Definitely the latter. Black bals may be the most versatile shoes but they are easily the most boring too. You don't need three.

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
Does anyone regularly bike with a sports jacket with a messenger bag? I recently bought my first kinda "nice" jacket and am really concerned that the unusual, asymmetrical pull is going to wear it out. This bike has low handlebars so I'm in a position where my shoulders are forward and my arms are down, you know? I only go short distances (a couple miles at most) when I'm wearing my jacket... But I'm just curious if anyone has experience doing this, if its a matter of "be careful" or "never do that!" thanks
smile.gif

epliohunk

Reaction score
Is a 1 1/8" inch belt considered a skinny belt? Can those work well with jeans or are should they only be worn with dress pants?

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makoto Chan
Does anyone regularly bike with a sports jacket with a messenger bag? I recently bought my first kinda "nice" jacket and am really concerned that the unusual, asymmetrical pull is going to wear it out. This bike has low handlebars so I'm in a position where my shoulders are forward and my arms are down, you know? I only go short distances (a couple miles at most) when I'm wearing my jacket... But I'm just curious if anyone has experience doing this, if its a matter of "be careful" or "never do that!" thanks
smile.gif

I use these bars on my bike and I dont have a problem.

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...s.php?id=37212

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makoto Chan
Wearing a messenger bag, too?

Sometimes I use a messenger bag depending on what Im carrying around with me that day. I have been thinking about getting a basket for the front or back to make that a little easier. My roommate has a nice vintage newsboy basket that he uses a lot.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epliohunk
Is a 1 1/8" inch belt considered a skinny belt? Can those work well with jeans or are should they only be worn with dress pants?

I would not wear a 1 1/8" belt with jeans. For jeans I wear much wider belts. But the wider belts don't look right on dress pants. So the moral of the story is you need two belts.
smile.gif

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pardon if this is a silly question, but a suit that used to fit perfectly somehow seems a little short in the pants now. Not really sure how that came about unless it was when I got it dry cleaned (can that even happen???). The pants have cuffs, is snipping the stitch holding the cuffs up and unfolding to gain a little length so I don't feel silly with a slight high-water feeling a lost cause or this doable and acceptable?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads