• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
order the 7's and he just got some stock so you shouldn't have to wait that long.

Ordering mine as we speak.

Thanks, I just needed an outside opinion. I'll go ahead and do that.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah #...i would get something that you are comfortable in. keep in mind these shoes are made to last years, not a season. so get something you think will work long-term.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
yeah #...i would get something that you are comfortable in. keep in mind these shoes are made to last years, not a season. so get something you think will work long-term.
Yeah, I foresee the heel slip as a major annoyance. I sent George an email requesting an exchange. I'll update my status on the size 7's when I get them.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
Yeah, I foresee the heel slip as a major annoyance. I sent George an email requesting an exchange. I'll update my status on the size 7's when I get them.

Thanks for the update. Thinking of changing my order for a 9 to an 8.5.

Can anyone else weigh in on this?

I'm an 8.7 right foot 9 left foot on a Brannock. I usually wear a 9 in all shoes but I go 8.5 Yuketen.

George suggested I get a 9.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
pretty soon he will be telling us that there is a "rick owens factory"
You mean its not made here:
ninja%20temple.jpg

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Thanks for the update. Thinking of changing my order for a 9 to an 8.5.

Can anyone else weigh in on this?

I'm an 8.7 right foot 9 left foot on a Brannock. I usually wear a 9 in all shoes but I go 8.5 Yuketen.

George suggested I get a 9.

Hi MSSneaker, This is a tough one. In my opinion, I think you should size down by .5. When I was measured, the guy said my right was 7.5D, but my left was a bit shorter. He told me that my left was closer to 7.5 than 7.0, so he marked me down as 7.5D for both feet. I also have high arches in both feet if that could possibly make a difference in sizing. My 7.5 oxfords still have a whole extra inch in the toebox, and I'm trying them on now when my feet have expanded a bit throughout the day. None of my toes are cramped at all, and I could definitely size down by .5. Taking in the fact that they'll stretch makes me think you'll be fine with sizing down. I'm really thinking about remeasuring my foot size tomorrow because I'm just surprised my 7.5's fit so loose. I could take pictures of how they fit near the toebox, or any other fit pictures if you'd like.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Thanks for the update. Thinking of changing my order for a 9 to an 8.5. Can anyone else weigh in on this? I'm an 8.7 right foot 9 left foot on a Brannock. I usually wear a 9 in all shoes but I go 8.5 Yuketen. George suggested I get a 9.
i wouldnt change your size. i suspect the osbs will fit just a tad bigger then your yuketen 8.5s. but i would order the size he recommended for you. people get so caught up on sizing, and rightfully so, you want to make sure you get the right size the first time. but i would trust the person who is the creator and also your foot is technically a 9 if that is the largest size you read on a brannock device.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi MSSneaker, This is a tough one. In my opinion, I think you should size down by .5. When I was measured, the guy said my right was 7.5D, but my left was a bit shorter. He told me that my left was closer to 7.5 than 7.0, so he marked me down as 7.5D for both feet. I also have high arches in both feet if that could possibly make a difference in sizing. My 7.5 oxfords still have a whole extra inch in the toebox, and I'm trying them on now when my feet have expanded a bit throughout the day. None of my toes are cramped at all, and I could definitely size down by .5. Taking in the fact that they'll stretch makes me think you'll be fine with sizing down. I'm really thinking about remeasuring my foot size tomorrow because I'm just surprised my 7.5's fit so loose. I could take pictures of how they fit near the toebox, or any other fit pictures if you'd like.
high arches can make that difference. that makes sense.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
i wouldnt change your size. do you know for sure the 8.5 yuketens fit? i suspect the osbs will fit just a tad bigger then your yuketen 8.5s. but i would order the size he recommended for you. people get so caught up on sizing, and rightfully so, you want to make sure you get the right size the first time. but i would trust the person who is the creator and also your foot is technically a 9 if that is the largest size you read on a brannock device.
I also emailed George about sizing 9 weeks ago, and he recommended 7.5. I hope he can respond to my email soon, I'd like to hear what he thinks about my sizing. It's good to know that high arches make a difference in sizing, thanks for letting me know.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I also emailed George about sizing 9 weeks ago, and he recommended 7.5. I hope he can respond to my email soon, I'd like to hear what he thinks about my sizing. It's good to know that high arches make a difference in sizing, thanks for letting me know.
yeah, i think i also have high arches but its not really enough to change my sizing all that much. i have had sizing issues with yuketen, but that was because i sized down. i am the same size in yuketen and quoddy, so hopefully i am the same in osb's. i have a couple more weeks +/- before ill be able to tell!

eightdouble

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vinneus
2prwm60.jpg

i kind of thought that the vibram soles looked a little chunky on these when i originally looked at the website. this picture really has me wanting a pair now, those look so good.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hey #... would you kindly take pictures of the arch cushion (just of the inside of the shoe) on your osb's? i was comparing my yuketen and quoddy insoles and the yuketen has a little higher arch, and i was wondering if osb's is similar. thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads