• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quoddy Boat Shoes MEGATHREAK

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pitman
Bollocks! SW doesn't carry Maliseets at the moment.
hey mary poppins...o'connells has a couple different colors and a full run of sizes on the maliseet

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pitman
Bollocks! SW doesn't carry Maliseets at the moment.
Gravity Pope has a decent selection of Maliseets. Not sure of your location and if you're trying to find a US domestic source to avoid a long shipping wait though... Oh, and Whatev123's comment as well:
Originally Posted by whatever123
hey mary poppins...o'connells has a couple different colors and a full run of sizes on the maliseet
(wasn't aware Oconnells carried the maliseet now).

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
^

why are they so expensive there at the gp?

That's a really good question. I also wonder why there is a $30 price fluctuation between brown and black. Interesting.

In all honesty, GP carries some nice stuff, in a lot of sizes -- but after my last dealing with them (a pair of quoddy's about 1 year ago), I won't order again, unless they have something that I really have no choice. I know when shipping from CA to the US it is out of retailers hands in terms of shipping times, as a package can sit at US Customs for however long, but I just wasn't totally feeling this place and their customer service. I'm sure it's an entirely different story if you're north of the border though.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
That's a really good question. I also wonder why there is a $30 price fluctuation between brown and black. Interesting. In all honesty, GP carries some nice stuff, in a lot of sizes -- but after my last dealing with them (a pair of quoddy's about 1 year ago), I won't order again, unless they have something that I really have no choice. I know when shipping from CA to the US it is out of retailers hands in terms of shipping times, as a package can sit at US Customs for however long, but I just wasn't totally feeling this place and their customer service. I'm sure it's an entirely different story if you're north of the border though.
i know huh, there both CXL unless there doing something i dont know about, which is possible. i seriously love the blk/red camp boot. those are great...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CEE88
My guess: (1) Gravity Pope's prices are in Canadian Dollars and (2) the Maliseets they sell appear to be lined, which will add to the cost. Blackbird, in Seattle, offers several Quoddy models, including the Maliseet (lined, US$250): http://www.blackbirdballard.com/Quoddy_Mens.html
i dont think there is much of a difference between cad and us...maybe the cad is .998 vs 1. and i believe all of the maliseets are lined, so that is so weird. i wonder if its a typo on their end... i forgot about blackbird. usually there stock goes fairly quickly. edit: maybe their prices include shipping. that is the only thing i can come up with.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing to point out is that Tres Bien is offering free worldwide shipping through the end of November:

Free shipping worldwide: We have a kind of tradition here that the last weeks of November we wanna ship our gear all over the world for free. Now it's that time again and Johan and the rest of the FedEx crew are ready to pick up your packages and ship fly them away and hand them over, without any costs at all. From now and all the time until the 30th of November. You know where to go, www.tresbienshop.net
Being Quoddy's run TTS, almost eliminating the chance of needing to return the shoes -- it's a nice option to consider. They have two maliseets and also the new vibram sole offerings..

http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/grp/quoddy-all-items.php

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sealucky
I need help,
what do you guys think about grizzly boots with shipskin lining? would they be able to handle -25C?
and do they run TTS?

they might, but i would not try. you need something that is designed for extreme cold. quoddy would be able to answer for sure, so e-mail them.

yes, in my experience all quoddys are true to size (measured size).

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, these shoes are amazing. Recieved my new Quoddys today and the construction is just waay beyond my previous Sperrys.

Its actually kinda uncomfortable right now since the Chromexcel is pretty stiff, but I'm sure it'll break in nicely.

blake3030

Reaction score
While Tres Bien has free worldwide shipping this month, i've found it cheaper to buy from them than anywhere in the USA (i'm in Australia).

Got Peanut Grizzly w/ black sole bluchers for $215 shipped.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads